Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Evil Dead II

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Michael Osadciw, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw Screenwriter

Michael Osadciw
    Blu-ray Disc REVIEW

[​IMG]

2. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Jeez, I still haven't watched my copy of this one yet! So many discs, so little time. Good review, Mike.

3. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

Michael, thanks for the review despite how disappointed I felt after reading it. I believe I will still keep this and the other Starz Home Entertainment BD horror movies on pre-order, as it is hard to go back to SD when there is an HD option, but this review and other people's screenshot comparisons of the SD DVD THX transfer vs. the BoD transfer on AVS have made a purchase of the SD DVD THX necessary as well just in case it never gets resolved to my satisfaction. Oddly enough, I found that DVD Empire still had the SD DVD THX version in-stock.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Disappointing. I've mostly managed to avoid upgrade mania on this title (I don't have the "Book of the Dead" edition), so I'll probably wait until the inevitable Anchor Bay re-issue. Still, man, when a movie you like has a release date on your birthday, it's hard to pass that up. [​IMG]

5. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Aw bummer, I was really hoping that these guys would come up with a home run for this film =(

6. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

So glad I bought the THX versions of the Evil Dead films when they were going for cheap (since the BOD versions were coming out).

I'd been hearing good things about this BD before, but I'd feared it would be the plastic-y BOD transfer. Better luck next time.

7. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

And knowing AB, now Starz, there WILL be a next time...

[​IMG]