What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Enchanted (1 Viewer)

Peter Raber

Stunt Coordinator
We just watched this tonight after getting it from Amazon yesterday and I was curious about the animated section at the beginning of the movie. Apparently, that is 1:85:1 while the rest of the movie is 2:35:1, but the1:85:1 part was not anamorphic. Once it went live action it was fine, but the only way I could get the animated section to stretch was by setting my tv (Pioneer 5061) to wide, which I usually hate because it almost always distorts the picture.

I am just wondering why this was the case and if anyone knows or do I just have a setting off somewhere?

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
is the Goofy cartoon on this disc? I'm planning on buying the movie anyway, but I'd love to have the Goofy short.

Doug

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Doug: The Goofy short never made it to Enchanted's theatrical run. At the last minute Disney switched things up and paired the Goofy short with National Treasure 2. Some dumb idea about wanting to give a different part of the Disney audience a look at classic Disney animation. :rolleyes

I actually only went to see enchanted in the theaters to see the Goofy short...only to find out it wasn't there...and to end up falling in love with Enchanted. So, not a complete loss for me! :D

So, while you would think the Goofy short would be attached to the upcoming release of NT2...it's not. :angry: In fact, it is nowhere to be found...unless it is a hidden easter egg that is not being advertised in the NT2 releases. :thumbsdown:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'll probably pick this one up blind for the family. Hope I'm not being set up for disappointment. ;) :D

Thanks for the review!

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
brother bear does the same thing.

watching now, i had a a few drops.
one near the beginning when giselle calls all the animals "aahhh aahhhh"

and again when the witch appears in the pot.

happens in DD and DD true hd. also the film stutters/skips a few frames.

ps3 -> 3808.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i took out the last partof yor post but the td snuck in there somehow.

anyhow it turns out the disc is very scratched up and stopped playing after about 70 minutes.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Yeah I did some looking too. Because all of the solo Goofy cartoons are out in the Disney Treasures sets, its unlikely that this will be released that way. I guess we can only hope that it will end up on video somewhere.

Doug

Peter Raber

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Mike.

I figured it was done intentionally since when the live action started it displayed normally, but it's nice to see it confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks