What's new

HTF 2004-2005 Fantasy Football League (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Corbin, are you the Seahawks?

I had it open to all and even PM's Robert after his "tell me I'm in" post since I no one else had signed up. He got the PM but told me he was having trouble signing in. I sent him another PM telling him to verify no spelling errors.

If he ends up not getting in I feel bad, but then I did have it open as a first-come, first-serve situation. So if you are the Seahawks then you are still in and he just lost out on a tech glitch I guess. If he is the Hawks then I guess you got beat to the punch.

Either way HTF 1 is now full and closed.

HTF I - current situation

Seth Paxton - in (Jedi Knights)
Jerry Almeida - in (Carnage)
BrianB - in (Claymores)
Philip T - in (J12P)
Brandon T - in (Crusaders)
Todd Henry - in (Quakers)

Paul McGowan - in (Hellfish)
John Thomas - in (Bubba)
Stephen L - in (Rug Daniels)
Marc Bax - in (Explosivo)
Michael Warner - in (Mugwumps)
??? - in (Seahawks)

Does anyone have interest in setting the draft order early like HTF 2 did? I like the idea of knowing your order more than 30 minutes before the draft. I would use the same method Brad did.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

Well that should make the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies rather interesting this weekend. :D

I won't hide my intentions this year - I'm getting a running back at the number two draft spot. I know that's some radical, unconventional strategy, but I'm feeling pretty good about it. :D Now I just need to figure out which of the top five running backs is actually going to perform the best this year.

Maybe it's time to start the "Ongoing 2004 Fantasy Football Advice Thread".

Brad

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Damn! Looks like I gave myself one of the worst draft spots. Oh well, I like the challenge. :D Jon, I just want to let you know that I support your draft pick of Barry Sanders 100%. :laugh:

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

Absolutely. So much draft strategy relies on those first few rounds so knowing where you stand in advance would be a help. I'll PM you the first list to get things rolling and then someone else can follow-up with the second as long as everyone else wants to go this route.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to get 6 "yes" votes before setting a pre-draft order. I'll give it a week and consider any non-responses to be a "yes" at that point. So if you don't want it done this way make sure you say "no" now.

Also, if you would like to find out the pre-draft order ASAP please give me a "yes" rather than just saying nothing for a week. :)

We have 4 "yes" votes - ME, Jerry, Philip (sent # list) and Michael (sent # list). Since I was voting yes anyway I already applied the numbers for a draft order. For the record I didn't have the teams in the order posted above, I mixed it up just a bit beforehand.

I don't want to affect the vote on this so I can't give the results yet, but I will say that my spot pretty much sucks IMO. So that's one less crappy draft spot you might get. ;)

Now I go on to my important biz of the day - Colts individual game tickets on sale at 10 (Vikes MNF game) and then my first FFL draft which included defensive players (that should be a rough one).

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

I've already got my ticket for the Colts-Broncos week 17 game. Now I just have to decide if I want to take my life in my hands and wear a Manning jersey or if I play it safe and go with Broncos clothes. My main fear with the game is that the Colts will have already locked up home field advantage by then and I'll just get to watch the Jim Sorgi/Dominic Rhodes/Reggie Wayne triplets.

I also got tickets to the Broncos/Chiefs Sunday night opening week game. That should be a wild one.

Brad

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

Sure, now that Marcel Shipp broke his leg. ;)

Actually, if I was inclined to draft any Raiders running back it would be Justin "Huggy Bear's son" Fargas.

Brad

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
What, no love for famous Amos Zeroue? :D Here in the SF Bay Area, the talk is about Wheatley being the main back to at least start the season. Supposedly he's looked good in camp. I think it'll pretty much be RBBC though, making them all useless.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Wheatley - 9 seasons in the NFL and only one over 1000 yds rushing (with a 4.5 ypc average). Nah, you can keep him. :D

The only question is which AFC West team has the more pathetic fantasy running back situation, Oakland or Denver. If Griffin wasn't so small, I could see him getting the primary job. As it is, I look for Hearst, Anderson, and Griffin to split the carries with Bell maybe getting some time later in the season. That's no fun.

Brad

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Brad, you will probably be seeing Wayne and Rhodes even if the game is critical by that point in the year. Wayne will be having a great year and Rhodes will be the starter since James will likely be hurt by that point.

And since Manning always plays anyway, you won't see a backup starting at QB.

Okay, we got 7-8 yes votes while I was gone so I'll show the order. Also, in my first draft I picked Shipp...DOH! Make it worse...my #2 RB (3 WR, 1 TE though, plus 6 DEF players so not so bad on my total as normal).

Anyway, here you go...

1) Philip T
2) John Thomas
3) Marc Bax
4) Todd Henry
5) Paul McGowan
6) Brandon T

7) Seahawks (owner?)
8) Stephen L
9) Seth Paxton
10) Jerry Almeida
11) Brian B
12) Michael Warner

Round robin of course.

Disclosure of method
Original order by me - Todd, Brandon, Paul, John, Philip, Brian, Stephen, Marc, Jerry, Seth, Michael, Seahawks (???)

Phil's list - 12,1,11,2,10,3,9,4,8,5,7,6
Todd is team 12, Brandon team 1, etc

Mike's list - 10,2,4,12,11,1,6,9,5,8,3,7
Team 10 goes first (Phil), team 2 goes 2nd (John), etc

Phil's list got to me 2nd, but it was first in my PM list so I just opened and used it first. I mixed up my list of names just to randomize it more. It worked for Phil and put Michael and I toward the back.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

Interesting... you used the second list as the draft order for all of the teams whereas I applied the second list to the sorted list of players from the first list as the draft position for that player. For example, Team 10 (Phil) was the first in your league but would have been 10th in League II.

Let's see, the order using the League II method would have been Seahawks, John, Paul, Brian, Stephen, Michael, Todd, Philip, Jerry, Brandon, Seth, Marc. Look's like it wouldn't have made big positive difference for you. Anyway, diff'rent strokes for different folks.

Brad

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I'll happily take the 12th pick over one of those middle picks. Those back to back first and second round picks almost make up for having to draft so late in the round. As long as you're confident in your draft list you essentially wind up with two first round selections. Sure you miss out on the major RBs but that's life.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Wow, 1st pick. The pressures on now. Picking 1st can be great, but it can also be difficult as I wont pick again until #24. Not complaining by any means though. Ricky Williams, here I come! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks