What's new

HTD owners please help me choose Level 3 or 4..also Axiom 22 owners help me here (1 Viewer)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Totally understandable.

For laughs, I'd love someone to quickly summarize what the "general sound characteristics" of some of these brands are. That would be a great, first step, help.

That's funny: I didn't think my room was considered that large...

scott>c

Second Unit
I own the M22`s and love them. I have a SVS sub and its like having towers with the 2 combined. I would definately recommend them for an audition.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Here's a question for HTD owners and maybe anyone else:

www.htd.com for reference.

What would happen to me if I decided to get level 4 speakers but maybe a level 2 or 3 sub?

For my purposes, that 70lb. level 4 subwoofer seems awfully overpowering up and down. My room just doesn't need to have something that powerful...

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Here's a question for HTD owners and maybe anyone else:

www.htd.com for reference.

What would happen to me if I decided to get level 4 speakers but maybe a level 2 or 3 sub?

For my purposes, that 70lb. level 4 subwoofer seems awfully overpowering up and down. My room just doesn't need to have something that powerful...

Nhan_H

Second Unit
The HTD subs are their weak link. I'd suggest another sub like the Rocket UFW10 or HSU VTF2 or one of the SVS subs. What do you define as too powerful? I've seen some bass freaks stuff a pretty powerful sub (or two) inside a 12x12x8 room before :D

How big is your room (volume-wise)? Subs don't really have to match the speakers.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
The HTD subs are their weak link. I'd suggest another sub like the Rocket UFW10 or HSU VTF2 or one of the SVS subs. What do you define as too powerful? I've seen some bass freaks stuff a pretty powerful sub (or two) inside a 12x12x8 room before :D

How big is your room (volume-wise)? Subs don't really have to match the speakers.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Hey man. I am Q on AVS, btw. lol. So you and I are crossing paths all over the place.

I am thinking in my case, in a 20 by 12 foot bedroom, a 300 monster watt sub that weights 70 lbs. might be a tad over the top. That's all... ;)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Hey man. I am Q on AVS, btw. lol. So you and I are crossing paths all over the place.

I am thinking in my case, in a 20 by 12 foot bedroom, a 300 monster watt sub that weights 70 lbs. might be a tad over the top. That's all... ;)

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
Just to add MHO... I liked what I heard from the HTD speakers so if you decide to buy them I dont think you will be dissapointed but just as someone else said, their subs arent the best bang for the buck. For a sub I will look somewhere else.
Regards

Luis Gabriel Gerena

Second Unit
Just to add MHO... I liked what I heard from the HTD speakers so if you decide to buy them I dont think you will be dissapointed but just as someone else said, their subs arent the best bang for the buck. For a sub I will look somewhere else.
Regards

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Huh, no kidding. On paper (key phrase) those subs look pretty good. I am considering going with a level 3 package in terms of their products...

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Huh, no kidding. On paper (key phrase) those subs look pretty good. I am considering going with a level 3 package in terms of their products...

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Hey, Luis. Hope everything is going well with you and your family. So what did you decide on, as far as speakers go?

Eric, I thought that was you :)

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Hey, Luis. Hope everything is going well with you and your family. So what did you decide on, as far as speakers go?

Eric, I thought that was you :)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Yup, I have my hands in two forums. It helps. :)

Still fudging on this HTD vs. Rocket vs. Ascend thing... ;)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Yup, I have my hands in two forums. It helps. :)

Still fudging on this HTD vs. Rocket vs. Ascend thing... ;)

Nhan_H

Second Unit
All three speaker companies offer incredible values. I'm biased more toward the Rockets, having own some myself. But Curtis and Craig have piqued my interest on how a pair of Ascend 170s sounds. I might want to order a pair next year just to test them out. Who knows, I might decide to keep them discreetly hidden in the bedroom where they can't be seen :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks