What's new

HT seating, lazyboy or berkline? (1 Viewer)

David Strand

Agent
I've been thinking about going with some home theater seating for my living room HT setup. I sat in the Lazyboy matinee series this weekend and really liked them. I've also heard about the Berkline chairs online (088 series). I wanted to go with 2 chairs with a wedge in between them, and don't want to go much wider than about 75".

I got a price quote of $829 per chair plus $359 for the wedge in a microfiber material from a local Lazyboy outlet. It seems a little pricey for just 2 seats. Are the Berkline any more reasonable? Can anyone provide any info and/or comparisons between these two?

Does anyone know if the Lazyboy outlets are willing to bargain on price any?

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my Berklines and love them - they were the finishing touch to my HT (see www above).

I shopped around quite a bit. I checked out the Lazyboy matinee series. The Berklines' quality, styling and price were all better than the Matinee IMO.

I purchased the Berklines from (www.AV-Outlet.com). They were great to work with. Ask for Ken.

DeanQ

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought some Berklines 088's from Jcpenny's. I called (3) online dealers that are reccomended here and www.rtheaters.com gave me the lowest quote. Berkline's 088 were $485 each for leathermatch. 2 chairs with 3 armrests shipped was $1020 shipped from tenn to atlanta. JCpenny's sold me 2 red leathermatched chairs with an arm wedge in the middle and an armrest on the outside were $1028.00 before tax. The $1028 included the $55 delivery charge. So the total I paid with tax was $1137.15. Not a bad deal. JC pennys chairs are $849 and they are having a 25% off sale and if you sign up for their CC you get another 10%. But after saying I can get it cheaper on the net the guy went lower and got it for the above price.

David Strand

Agent
I'll have to check out the J.C. Penneys in the nearby mall.

I went to Levitz today, and they have Palliser HT seating which is pretty comfy and certainly better priced (quoted $1203 for 2 reclining chairs with a wedge between them), but the style is not as nice as the lazboy ones. They look more like traditional leather recliners simply connected by a wedge, whereas the lazboy ones have back pieces that don't connect and look more modern.

Does anyone know anything about the Palliser HT seating? It was only available in leather from Levitz, in either a tan color or black. I couldn't really find much info about them on the web...

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Richard:

I fixed the link to your picture. Yahoo doesn't like you pointing to them directly and will disable it after awhile. I moved the picture to our server.

I have always liked your HT. What are the dimensions of your screen wall?

David Strand

Agent
I agree, you have a really nice HT Richard. If you don't mind me asking, what did the 3 chair Berkline 090 set cost you? I wanted to get a quote from AV outlet but they are not taking orders until mid/late June due to their move :frowning:

One other question, can you give me a rough width for the set of 3 like you have them set up?

Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks