What's new

HT Meet in Toronto? (1 Viewer)

Miles_W

Second Unit
okay Lou, I do have a couple of speakers but only 1 amp channel...
Well we could start earlier and finish earlier???
Miles

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
I can bring a Panasonic DVD player and or a Denon LD with AC3 output. I have about 50 LD's and around 650 CD's are there any requests for movies or music? I will try to find my Stereophile test CD. It has test tones and speaker setup info and some nifty music too.
I hate to say it but I have a old Technics amp and if it is any good for the rear channel setup I can bring it too. (Needless to say it won't be up to snuff with the rest of the system. :) )

Miles_W

Second Unit
Wayne, If you could bring your DVD player that would be great... That way I can test Ryan's Proscan and your panasonic. Don't worry about the LD I have one...
I have stereophile test disc 2 so if you can't find it don't worry...
Miles

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I can bring a 2 channel Kenwood THX amp(125wpc)....OK?
+ a Sound an vision test disc.....YEP remember the old CANaDIAN mag???
------------------
Closing in quickly on 2000:)...Posts that is :)
{ well not quite as quick now:)

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
OK guys...I have got many emails and written down most of the info.
This is how the agenda looks so far:
(no times are mentioned, I thgouth we should all decide on that)
1) meet somewhere and introduce ourselves
2) Flea market
3) go for lunch/go to a dealers
4) go to a dealers/go for lunch
5) head back to Miles
6) talk HT do some demos
7) demo remotes
8) order dinner (I'll let miles be responsible for that, it's you house)
9)eat dinner talk HT
10) watch scenes from select movies
3 and 4 are the toss up to me. since the flea market opens at 8am or something it's all a matter of when you want to go. Some people have a far distance to travel, I so think that going there at 8 am would be hard on some people.
Tell me what to do?
------------------
Oops...I dropped my eardrums
could you pick them up for
me

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Two things:
we need to vote on the dealer...Musonic or Whitby Audio.
I can vouch for how great whitby audio is, that is where I bought my sound system. I also know that they have revamped a couple of the rooms and they look spectacular. They also have no problem demoing anything, so if anyone is looking at buying its a great place.
Musonic...I've never been there so someone else would have to fill us in.
Topic 2 is that Craig A needs transportation. He lives in down town Toronto. I didn't want to post exact streets...it's not my info to give out. But if anyone is coming through that area if they could contact Craig via email or over this thread it would help a lot.
------------------
me

Miles_W

Second Unit
Craig, If no one can come get you If you take the subway and RT to Scarborough town centre I will pick you up from there ( Skip the Amp for obvious reasons :} ) we can always do that another time!!
Miles

Miles_W

Second Unit
Okay Ryan I'm going to make an executive decision (
biggrin.gif
)
We will go to Whitby Audio... To make it easier than lets Rearrange the agenda a little.
how about the following...
1) meet at Whitby Audio and introduce ourselves
2) Go to Lunch
3) visit the Flea Market
4) head back to Miles
5) talk HT do some demos
6) demo remotes / other equipment
7) order dinner (I'll let miles be responsible for that, it's you house)
8)eat dinner talk HT
9) watch scenes from select movies
that way we are driving in one direction from west back to east and we don't have to double back...
or we could meet at myplace and drop everything off ( I'm not sure how keen some of you are to be hauling gear around town and leaving it in cars...)
Miles

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Myles, your agenda sounds fine. Although the eat lunch and visit flea market can be switch as need be.
I did want to ask if anyone has a Playstation 2? I don't know about everyone else, but I'd sure like to check it out.
Just a thought.
Everything sounds good.
Norm

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Everything sounds fine to me...Whitby Audio is down the street from my house (walking distance) so I will go down there in advance and "warn" them that we are coming.
Is anbody going to be buying anything or is it just a look around?
I know I might be buying and so will Eric. Just so that I can tell them that some of us might be buying stuff.
------------------
me

Miles_W

Second Unit
okay I guess we need to make a decision about timing... What time would everyone like to start?
Ryan I am not currently in the market for anything ( no $$$)
depending on if people are interested in demoing stuff... we should be a hour maybe 2 at the dealers...
Miles

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I don't have the funds to buy any gear
frown.gif

I can be ready for any time, but it's not up to me. I'm getting a drive with Norm, so whenever he's able to make it, that's when I'll be there :)
The day plan seems fine to me. Great work guys! It's amazing how quickly this all took shape.
Andrew
------------------
My Growing DVD Collection...As of 01/17/2001 it's at 52
ICQ# 69241437

Craig A

Stunt Coordinator
Norm Lalonde sed:
I did want to ask if anyone has a Playstation 2? I don't know about everyone else, but 'd sure like to check it out.
I just bought a Playstation 2
biggrin.gif

I'd say that's double the reason for someone to pick me up downtown! :)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Let us include a DVD trade and swap......
I think we all know the going rate for DVDs and can expect a fair exchange with other people...
I know I've got a few I would like to move :)
If I remember Whitby Audio it's pretty hard to find parking...If you could give us an idea os where that would be great :)
+ all other directions ...of course.
Brent L
------------------
Closing in quickly on 2000:)...Posts that is :)
{ well not quite as quick now:)

Miles_W

Second Unit
Brent I usually park in the parking lot across the street ( I think that it is a supermarket...
Miles

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Ya just park in the No Frills just south of Whitby Audio.
I'm going to drop off my subwoofer on monday to be fixed so I will "warn" them of us coming on the 17.
------------------
me

Miles_W

Second Unit
okay let us see...Key points to concern us...
Somebody go pick up Craig!!! we need to see the Play station 2!!!
We need a Start time. How about meeting at Whitby Audio at around 10:30??? ( That way if I am picking anyone up from STC I still have time to get to Whitby!)
thanks
Miles

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't had time to contribute to the thread myself yet. First I'd like to thank Ryan for getting my name on the list, second I'd like to thank Miles for hosting the event, and third I'd like to thank everyone for coming up with the idea, it should be a great time.
As Ryan mentioned I will be looking for a complete setup, although I may have to stick to getting the fronts, centre, receiver, and DVD player at the meet. So far I'm considering getting some Paradigm Monitor 7's and a CC-370, but does anyone have any other suggestions? And maybe you guys could recommend a receiver and DVD player to get, just bear in mind I only have about $2000 to spend on the lot of fronts, centre, receiver, and DVD player.

Also, I'd like to put my pick in for a DVD scene to watch at Miles. How about the beach landing scene from Saving Private Ryan. I have the disc in Dolby 5.1 but I would love to hear it in DTS if someone has it.
Thanks
Erik

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks