What's new

HT Forum member in March issue of AV Interiors (1 Viewer)

Travis

Second Unit
Hmmm. That theater looks familiar, I swear I've seen it before. :) Great job!

joseph westcott

Second Unit

I am a member of several AV forums so you may have seen it before it was chosen by the staff at AV Interiors.

Thanks for taking time to show your appreciation.

Travis

Second Unit
Yeah that's what I was implying (didn't know the wink emoticon off the top of my head), lol.

king

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arvi
How did you go about submitting your room to the magazine? I had sent the same mag an email when I completed my theater and didn't ever get a reply. I guess mine is not good enough! :)

joseph westcott

Second Unit

I never made ANY attempt to get our "His and Her Room" in a publication. I am a member of several AV forums and had posted our shared space on several of these sites. And, as many others, had my photos on webshots. An editor from the magazine contacted me out of the blue via email and requested permission to publish our design.

I would not take their decision personally. My take on the matter is that the only reason we were chosen is because it was a shared space and not a dedicated home theater. It represents a much different approach than most designs and it seems many vendors are trying to get more general acceptance by women for the industry. The editors that contacted me were also women and I am sure that had a great deal to do with it, as well. And lastly, I am sure the name we have given to our living room design was also influential. Since the publication, other vendors whos equipment we incorporated have contacted me and have requested permission to publish our shared space with their distrubutors, dealers, representatives, employees, and prospective clients.

Women are far more influential than you think in this industry and their buying power is important to the vendors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks