What's new

Hsu or SVS boxed sub (1 Viewer)

Terry.P

Stunt Coordinator
I was on fence with both the 20-39PC+ and the VTF-3 a while ago. I spent hours researching and reading threads on the net. I determined that I would be happy and content with either regardless of my decision. I choose the HSU at the time because I got good deal on it used and because I wanted a boxed sub to go under my sofa end table. The vendor is only 30min from my house(another factor) and they upgraded my amp. to the latest spec. for only $50.

Of course SVS & HSU customers are happy...look at where they came from in the first place! If I was to take the profile of a typical middle of the road SVS or HSU owner, I would assume that they were looking for the most bang for the buck with cost and performance in mind (In that order). I would also assume that they had perhaps had one or two previous low end mainstream woofers. Now that true performance woofers are fiscally feasible via HSU or SVS the original woofer would be instantly rendered obsolete and inferior. Hence a loyal customer is created. It's that simple. There was a gap or hole in market that was met and filled a la HSU/SVS.

The whole debate over statistics, values and calculations is quite meaningless IMHO as 98% of people wouldn't be able to attribute those subtle differences in a listening test. Measurable performance is great if it can be translated to your ear from your seating position.

I my mind, what makes this debate so single sided is that only one manufacture is participating in the discussion. In fact, I have a hard time differentiating between retorting and subliminal marketing.

You can go back and forth all day long but the only way to sway me would be a head to head face off of the two woofers from a non-bias, impartial professional sub reviewer.

Just my .02¢

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks