What's new

HRS12 VS PB12NSD (1 Viewer)

gixer

Auditioning
Real Name
marco
GOOD EVENING TO ALL I WANT IS A PASSIONATE ITALIAN IN ITALY TO YOU WHY THE MARK SVS is not widespread. THESE ARE torn between 2 SUBWOOFER purely HT. NOW THAT I BELIEVE I HAVE A LITTLE CHT12R lending SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL OF QUALITY AND PUNCH-.. I WANT A SUB WELL sounding better performing WHAT YOU TAKE? WHY? the room is 15mtq Thank you all and sorry for my English.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Let's see if I can answer these.
gixer said:
WHY THE MARK SVS is not widespread.
It's marketing. Advertisements in audio magazines costs money. Being reviewed in magazines costs money. SVS is not a big company. They have worldwide distribution but their main market is the US.
gixer said:
THESE ARE torn between 2 SUBWOOFER purely HT. NOW THAT I BELIEVE I HAVE A LITTLE CHT12R lending SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL OF QUALITY AND PUNCH-.. I WANT A SUB WELL sounding better performing WHAT YOU TAKE? WHY? the room is 15mtq
Between the Sunfire and the SVS, I choose the SVS. It's a larger, ported box which will give you more deep bass. Even though Sunfire says they play down to 16hz, they don't give a reference. SVS plays down to 18hz + or - 3db. Finally, physics makes my choice. http://www.salksound.com/wp/?p=56 You can't get quality bass out of a small footprint sub like Sunfire without loads of EQ and sacrificing sensitivity.
gixer said:
Thank you all and sorry for my English.
Your English is better than some people in this area and they were born here.

gixer

Auditioning
Real Name
marco
in Italy the svs is entering now above the pb13ultra, the others are unknown. is very common in Italy but spl1200ultra hrs12 svs-still nothing. what I seek is beyond the precision and cleanliness, which does not have my cht12, I also want a sub that makes you feel physically pb12nsb as if the quarry with the iron man in the cave scene? the fall of the plane of the film signals from the future? my budget is about $ 1000 and then I would take the best. I am using google translator :)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
what I seek is beyond the precision and cleanliness
Then you will get it with the SVS. I've heard the old model drivers and they sound great. The newer drivers are even better. Stephen Ponte http://www.soundstage2.com/lasvegas2007/facesplaces03.html (the one in the glasses) is one of the best transducer engineers in the world. I had some of his drivers when he worked at TC Sounds. In fact, TC Sounds supplied Sunfire with their drivers.

gixer

Auditioning
Real Name
marco
Thank you Robert, between 2 and then without a doubt .... svs you've never listened to a hrs12in HT? What you did not like than the pb?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've never listened to an HRS12 at all. But subs are about moving air and a ported sub moves air more efficiently than a sealed box.

gixer

Auditioning
Real Name
marco
:DI think that's why I also closed box compensate with more watts

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Both are expensive subs and unless you know someone with the other sub, it is difficult to compare in person. As popular as this hobby is, most of us rarely meet others in this hobby in person. At least that is true in this area. As far as subs go, I build them for fun. I like learning the physics behind them. Once you get some knowledge under your belt, it is easier to make a choice when comparing two subs. I use sealed subs but I like larger enclosures and larger subs. I use a pair of 15 inch TC-3000's. http://web.archive.org/web/20070402025330/http://www.tcsounds.com/tc3000.htm powered by a professional sound reinforcement amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks