What's new

How's the Audio, Video Quality on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Blu-Ray)? (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, Amazon is showing it as available and it's not like them to be inaccurate. At least for this retailer, outside of its website info, what is there?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by media-junkie

The problem is that Amazon, Best Buy and a lot of retailers keep pushing the release date back. I'll believe this is out when I see it in stores.

If I didn't already own the UK release, I would be buying it from Amazon right now as they are showing it in stock.

Crawdaddy

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I ended up just ordering it for a few bucks less recently (along w/ a bunch others) from Amazon UK instead.

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Finally a chance to watch this tonight.
Sound seems fine to me.
I think the picture might be a tad too dark.

I hate the subtitles on this, they seem like a translation as if being spoken by the characters in the Godfather not people from centuries ago.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by TonyD ">[/url]

Finally a chance to watch this tonight.
Sound seems fine to me.
I think the picture might be a tad too dark.

I hate the subtitles on this, they seem like a translation as if being spoken by the characters in the Godfather not people from centuries ago.

[/QUOTE]Watched mine (from Amazon UK) last night. Not sure if the picture is actually a tad darker than it should be -- I don't remember it being brighter when I saw it in the theater way back when, but that was quite some time ago of course. In any case, the PQ is definitely a substantial improvement over my original DVD -- I don't have the SuperBit version though.

And yeah, I pretty much agree about the subtitles although I thought the original theatrical subtitles could be better too. But this version definitely loses more of the nuances (and poetry) of the language -- and in some ways, maybe tries too hard to interpret meaning for viewers. Supposedly, the dialog was written in English first(!) before being translated to Chinese, but that makes me wonder all the more why the heck they altered the English subtitles for this BD release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks