How's the Aperion Intimus system for music listening

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Rich Tysinger, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Rich Tysinger

Just wondering if anyone uses the Aperion Intimus setup more for music than HT, particularly for listening to SACDs. I'd especially like to hear what Philips 963SA owners with the Intimus speakers think of them paired for music. Thanks!

2. ben_fowler

ben_fowler Extra

Hi Rich. I'm sorry that I'm the only one replying to your post! But I will say that as part of the product development team here at Aperion, I always use music as the critical test for our speaker's performance. And of course there are a number of great sounding SACD's out there that sound great in general, and great specifically on our speakers. If you like rock, a couple recomendations:
    Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon, SACD multichannel 5.1
    Toto IV, SACD multichannel 5.1
    Jazz:
    Jacintha...don't know the name of the disc but it's an SACD multichannel as well, she's got an AMAZING voice.

All the best,

3. BrianAe

BrianAe Second Unit

I'll take a stab at this. First however, I have to say it is good to have you on this board Ben.

Rich, do a search of my posts for many comments about the Aperion system. In my mind, the Aperion's are an incredible value and have many strengths that apply to both music and HT listening. I'd say the biggest strengths are amazing imaging, great detail in the high end while maintaining an "airy" quality, and a really seemless (and large) sound stage across all speakers.

The one area where the speakers lack compared to others I have auditioned is that they sound a little thin to me in the mid-range in comparison. This is really only noticable during critical music listening and is in comparison mainly to Ascend speakers.

Back on the positive side I'll note that the subs are really good and blend amazing well with the monitors in both music and HT. Also, it goes without saying, but the finish on these speakers is amazing, especially when considering the price.