What's new

Howling SE lockups? (1 Viewer)

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
anyone experienced lockups/breakups early on with the Howling SE dvd??? this is the second MGM disc i've had problems with tonight (see my La Femme Nikita SE thread), but this seems more like a hardware/software issue (i have a panasonic rp91) than a questionable transfer issue. but i think these 2 dvd's came out from MGM around the same time, and i've never had similar problems with ANY discs in 3 years with my dvd player.

any info appreciated

thanks

Brett C

Second Unit
I too had a lockup, I think around the hour mark or maybe in chapter 26 in The Howling, not sure.It happened when the girl was walking through woods after discovering the painting was the same location as the beach.

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
No problems with "The Howling SE" - (I've watched the entire movie and all the extras) - on my three year old
Sony DVP330 dvd player - one of Sony's very first players by the way.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
No problems so far on my girlfriend's Sony, my friend's APEX or on my own Yamaha DVD Player or Sony PS2.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
well i hope it's not a player-specific issue with my RP91.

on another note - weren't there some issues with this transfer being "off" from what was intended? i think it looks fine. was it specific shots or the whole film?

Joe S

Second Unit
I bought this title a couple weeks ago and didn't take a good look at it until a few days ago. On my Sony DVP-NS700P, the widescreen version has some lockups in chapter 27 when Dee Wallace Stone is brought to the barn. The player skips a bit and eventually jumps back to chapter 26(!). It played OK on an APEX AS-600 and the DVD drive in my computer. I didn't watch the whole fullscreen version, but chapter 27 played fine on the Sony.

I was ready to return it, but after checking it on the other players I thought I might have the same problem with a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks