What's new

Howard The Duck On DVD?? Please (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Ok, let's get the train back on the track here. lol

Has anyone picked this up today? And if so, how is the PQ & AQ? I won't be picking this up until Saturday. Also does the "Music Of Howard The Duck" featurette include the full music video???

Oliver_A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver Achten

If Universal is using the same master as the German DVD (which Koch Media actually obtained from Universal), then it will look quite good. Colours are good, grain is visible, details are well defined. MUCH better than the theatrical versions of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Damn, that stinks. I remember when music videos used to be a standard special feature on many DVDs. I thought for sure they would've included it here, especially since they included all of these vintage featurettes. Ah well. Minor gripes. The movie's out and for that, I'm thankful.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I have the soundtrack album on LP- it says "Digital Recording" on the front cover, yet the record company didn't see it as fit to ever release on CD. Isn't that ironic?

Also it was sealed and had a sticker on the outside saying there was a poster inside, but mine didn't have any. :frowning:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

One of the last LPs I ever bought new was the soundtrack album of A Chorus Line (1985). It, too, was plastered with a sticker (and on the front cardboard itself) trumpeting the digital recording techniques used to record the album (making it a "DDA" recording--to use the lingo of the day). I don't know that it ever made it to CD either. I tell ya, though...it sounded great. Very bright. :D

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Yes. Music videos were even more of a part of the promotion of the film than trailers. Trailers are usually always included, but not music videos.

In many cases, it isn't even a music rights issue. Some of the videos never even existed outside of the soundtrack albums of the film, by unknown artists.

Yet, they are often forgotten.

In HOWARD's case, maybe Tim Robbins got to them. The video is Tim Robbins talking for almost 2 minutes before the song starts.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well I picked up HtD the other day and just watched it tonight. Looks and sounds great! There was so much I'd forgotten about that movie. Definitely a trip down memory lane. lol As cheesy as it is, it still managed to hold my attention from beginning to end.........even my 11 year old absolutely loved it! I haven't had a chance to check out the features yet but plan to tomorrow.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
That's it. There were two slightly different edits of this, as Howard's appearance was kept a secret before the movie came out. Since we're talking about an duck who already had a comic book, and not E.T., I think they were being a little too cautious. ;)

In the post-release version, you get more than a glimpse of his face in several shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks