What's new

Howard The Duck On DVD?? Please (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks, John, although you didn't catch my site at it's best, I recently upgraded my audio system and projector and I removed several paragraphs of text and pics from the site, I need to get crackin' on updating it. :b

Walter, thanks for the correction, all these years I walked arond thinking that Kiley was the voice of Howard. Nice to kow that the actual voice is still with us for a possible, albeit unlikely, commentary.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Cool. I look forward to seeing your updated home theater setup. :)

A commentary by the voice of Howard...

Wouldn't that be cool if he did the commentary in character, as Howard?

"DVD? What the hell is this stuff? Hey! Does one of you audio guys have a beer for your web-footed friend?" :laugh:

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Are nuclear generator, produces one million watts of power!

One million watts, Power!!

Yes, why don’t we all have a cup of coffee!?

Yeah, I’d like this one on DVD in all its splendour of “six-track Dolby Stereo” .one million watts of sub bass, Power!

Are nuclear generator, produces one million watts of power!

One million watts, Power!!

Yes, why don’t we all have a cup of coffee!?

Yeah, I’d like this one on DVD in all its splendour of “six-track Dolby Stereo” .one million watts of sub bass, Power!

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
In 35 or so years of movie going, this remains the only film I ever walked out on. Put me down as firmly in the would never consider buying for any reason, even a DTS sountrack, camp.

andySu

Senior HTF Member

LOL

So you wouldn’t even consider an SDDS 8 soundtrack, and one million watts of THX power!?:D

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator
The question is not so much will they release this movie but if they do will it be the theatrical release. I'm sure George Lucas would want to improve on things so in the release we'd discover then it's really Hayden Christensen who's Darth Duck. :D

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Well...

As all know... Lucas's track record for releasing dvd's of some of his less than successful films is always a no - go....

As much as I await HOWARD to arrive on DVD, I sit here wishing for an uncut version of TWICE UPON A TIME also...

I will have to sit with my pan & scan "HOWARD" and my PG version of "TWICE" on laserdisc until the movie god chooses to bless these with a release.

Chris

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I hope its enhanced for widescreen?

anyone know some Brazil online sites?

Jacob

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
.....the summer of '86.

The memories.

Aliens, Howard the Duck, Transformers: The Movie...you name it, I was probably sitting right there in the theater. And then the awesome fall/winter '86 movie season immediately afterwards.

:laugh:

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Was Howard a big hit in South America or something? This release sounds a tad bogus. (Since it's Lucasfilm, doesn't George have to give his blessing?) And that cover is too good to be true, it's the original movie poster artwork. ;)

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Hmm, for real?
I wonder if it is the same awful transfer granted its laser release? I have the laser but have always hated the transfer. It looks like a mediocre VHS release. Just pumped out with no care. A lot of lasers seemed to go that way. Albert Finny's Scrooge looked real bad on laser too, so its not just the marginal stuff like Howard.
Back to the Brazil stuff, I hope it is true. I would be cool to try it in Portuguese!:)

CameronMcC

Second Unit
i believe the image above is the heavily bootlegged edition that shows up on ebay. in shrink wrap with security stickers. That title along with Twilight Zone the movie and monster squad all seem to have really nice bootleg versions (as far as passing it off as the real thing) with security stickers and shrink wrap

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks