What's new

How You Cancel an Order with Deep Discount DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I'm going nuts trying to find how to do this on their website. Methinks you probably can't, but I thought I would post here before calling them.

uh...if some could edit my Topic to "How Do You..." Thanks.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Hi Jason,

Their website doesn't tell you how (so you're not going nuts). I've called them via their 800 number when I've had to cancel an order.

Steve

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
i recently tried to cancel an order that was delayed till may. i contacted them via email and got no replies and the order wasnt cancelled. so now im just gonna leave it alone and let them ship it to me in may. so i suggest calling on the phone.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
Just call to cancel. One reason I like dvdempire so much is they make it so easy to cancel or change an order. With deepdiscount, if you have several titles on an order they cancel the whole order even if you just want to drop one title. You then have to re-order the others.
Why can't everyone copy dvdempire's order system?

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor

Because in DDD's case that would probably entail a whole new system -- thereby increasing their costs and making them less desirable. They have endured numerous complaints about this and a number of other systems related issues and pretty much ignored it (such as lack of responsiveness, slow web updates, errors all over their website) -- presumably to keep their costs down. The trouble with such strategies is that eventually others will be able to meet/exceed their pricing structure, with superior service and still maintain/exceed their margins, thereby driving them out of business. In the etailer business your systems infrastrusture is 'core to your business'.

Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks