How to unclog a poo filled toilet w/ no plunger?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarcoBiscotti, Dec 11, 2005.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Guys I have a real problem on my hands...

My toilet is somehow clogged and I apparently don't own a plunger. Each time I flush, the water comes up higher in the bowl.

What should I do???

2. DwightK

DwightK Second Unit

Buy a plunger. Or borrow one but that is gross.

3. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

First.......buy a plunger. Plunge the living daylights out of it. If that does not work than go to a hardware store or HD or Lowes and go into the toilet/drain repair area. They will have a number of things there to try. I would opt for something called a toilet or drain snake. Make sure you get one for toilets....the drain one tends to be too little for a toilet. You don't have to buy an expensive one. You should not have to spend over 30$ for a snake. It is basicaly a wire/coil that goes down the toilet and twist/pushes the clog out of the U pipe and sends it on its' way. I have had some big clogs at my house.....found out wife was flushing her..."products" the hard way........and plunging for a long time always worked though. Good luck.

4. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

Take a plastic bread bag, put your hand in it, and retrieve the source of the clog with your hand. Then turn the bag inside out and dispose. Voila! Gross, but it works (that is, if you can reach the poo).

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Steve, I would rather quarantine the bathroom and move into a new house!

Hardware stores don't open for another 30 mins but I found a plumbers forum (I'm serious! [​IMG]) and managed to stabalize the situation.

I first turned the water valve off on my toilet. I than took a plastic hanger from my closet and scooped a huge disgusting soaked wad of brown kleenex out into an industrial sized garbage bag.

I somehow managed to do this with my head turned completely in the opposite direction, one hand blocking my nose and the other holding the hanger with my eyes closed!

I than spent 10 minutes thoroughly washing my hands even though they never came into contact with anything.

I than, thanks to the advice from the plumbers forums [​IMG] filled my mop bucket with boiling hot water and CLR and once the water level in my toilet was almost cleared, I dumped it into the drain and amazingly enough, all the brown poo water dissapeared down the drain!!

I thought I was safe, but than I flushed and realized that it's still clogged. But at least the poop is gone.

Now I'm going to try the hot water buckewt thing again and hope that works. I really should buy a plunger though...

What a shitty morning. [​IMG]

6. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Screenwriter

When it comes time to buy the plunger, when you get thru this, buy the best one. Cheap, at Home Depot, and super duper effective.

What have you been eating? [​IMG]

MC

7. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

I think a plunger should be in every bathroom, and it seems like the more likely a toilet is prone to clogging, the less chance a plunger will be nearby. AHHHH!

8. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    On a side note. Dont ever try to wash a box of grape nuts cereal down the sink disposal.

9. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

You should always have a plunger available, if not for you, for your guests. There is nothing more embarrassing than going to someone's house, taking a power dump and clogging the toilet with no plunger available.

10. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Marco, t'é vraiment dans la marde! [​IMG]

Babelfish translation: "Marco, you 3rd really in the marde!" [​IMG]

BTW, where's that plumbing forum you mentioned? My condo's pipes are overdue for a proper cleaning. It would be a good project for the holidays.

11. Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie Supporting Actor

If you do not have or want a plunger, I have two words for you:

Roto Rooter

12. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks guys, the situation is neutralized!

Boiling water in a mop bucket did the trick. The reason it wouldn't flush after, if because I forgot to turn the water back on...

BTW, that MP100 Master Plunger looks really bad ass and it even comes in a nice variety of colors to match my bathroom decor. [​IMG]

I'm heading out this afternoon to buy one!

Francois, run a Google search for "clogged toilet" and "poo". It took me about 10 minutes or so to come accross, but you should be able to find it! [​IMG]

13. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

Glad to see your disgusting problem is cleared up! There's one other thing you could have tried, and it's cheap too - do nothing. Wait for quite a while, then flush. If you've waited long enough, normally what's causing the blockage will soften and will move with another flush. At least, it's always worked for me.

And stop calling it "poo" - be a man and call that shit what it is - shit! :b

14. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    1) Buy a plunger.

2) See a doctor. [​IMG]

Joe

15. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

3) see a therapist for the girly way you handled the situation [​IMG]

16. Marko Berg

Marko Berg Supporting Actor

4) Please wash your hands thoroughly before doing 1 - 3.

17. Tim L

Tim L Second Unit

buy a Toto toilet- best out there-I haven't used my plunger since I bought it over a year ago

18. Mark Lucas

Mark Lucas Second Unit

I thought "poo" was a word that kids said.

19. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

If you need to use a roto-rooter or drain snake, try to line the opening with something -- otherwise the metal will scratch the porcelain.

20. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

That may be because the original phrase contains a grammatical (conjugation actually) and a typographical error [​IMG].

--
    H