What's new

How to get odor out of fabric without washing? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I just got a pair of headphones (Sony D66 Eggos) off a guy from antoher forum, and the pads as well as the fabric covering the surface of the driver smells like... well, somebody else and not me...

I tried febrezing it, and then putting it near an open window to let it air out, but no luck.

Anybody have ideas?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
When I clicked on the thread title this isn't exactly what I expected (I was prepared to go 'ewwww'), but anyways... :D

One of the scented Lysol sprays, perhaps? I've found them to be quite effective in eliminating odors that Febreeze couldn't kill. Of course, you then have a lingering Lysol scent for a while.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Are they removable. because if they are you can place them in a mesh bag and wash them that way. Just make sure to tie them tightly in the bag so they can't get frayed or ravelled.

Otherwise, my suggestion to you would be to use, Neutra-air. It's an aerosol spray that honestly works better than any odor removing spray I've ever used. I use it for pet odors, musty smells, mildew odor....EVERYTHING!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
the pads are, but not the fabric on top of the headphone drivers.

Hoewver, the pads are not entirely fabric, i think they're padded with foam, and then the underside of the pad is pleather (plastic leather), i dont think putting them in the wash would be such a good idea...

Ill check out the Neutra-Air and lysol spray...

Users who are viewing this thread