What's new

How to get gum off a carpeted floor mat? (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Any suggestions? I'm sure by the end of work today my car is going to have a nice cinnamony smell in it. It's quite a mess at the moment, and I don't have time to deal with it until later today. Fortunately it's only on the mat.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
A slow process but the old ice trick works. Try Goo Gone first though. After that, you'll have a nice orangy smell to you interior.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
buy a can of compressed air and blow it on the gum with the can upside down, the liquid will freeze it, and it should come off.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I thought sunlight breaks down gum. Since it's a mat, try putting it out in the sun for a day or two.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Peanut butter works great for getting gum out of hair. I'm sure you'd love the aroma of fresh peanut butter baking in your car! Mmmm, smells just like Grandma's house!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Philip. Used to work in a movie theater years ago and we had something in a can (CO2 maybe) that froze whatever you sprayed it on. Just use something like that and the gum will chip right off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks