What's new

How to get best sound quality from an iPod or iPhone? (1 Viewer)

KevinST

Stunt Coordinator
What is the best way to get music to play from an iPod or iPhone? Is it to use a headphone to headphone cable and connect it to the front of my receiver? Is it headphone to RCA and connect that to the receiver? Is it a 30 pin doc that connects to the receiver? Also, would it be the same for both iPod and an iPhone? We have a few 5th gen iPods (wheel control) and iPhone 4s. The receiver is an Onkyo NR708. I can connect to the receiver via RCA, Tos link (fiber optic), HDMI, digital coax, and headphone. Thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
1/8th=RCA. So that is a wash. The Onkyo dock is still analog. I currently use a Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver(model number starts F8Z). The "best" is Wadia...if you want to spend the coin.

KevinST

Stunt Coordinator
Bluetooth would work for the iPhones, but not iPods. So the best would be out through the 30 pin to something that is a digital dock and connected to the receiver. Does the iPod 5th gen even output digital through the 30 pin?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The new Ipod Touch is Bluetooth. However, it is my first Ipod. If the prior ones (at least the touch) didn't...oh well. I know the Nano doesn't, but who buys that one with the intention of "more than headphones"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks