how to defeat park only viewing on screens ??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by DanielH, Feb 23, 2004.

1. DanielH

DanielH Auditioning

Is there a way to defeat the feature which makes you have the car in park to view a movie on an in-dash screen ? Mainly I am asking about aftermarket screens such as the kenwood kvt715 dvd, thanks..

2. Tim K

Tim K Second Unit

I'm not certain, but I recall talking to an installer a couple years back. I think there is a wire (most mfg's use green I believe) that connects to the emergency brake lever sensor. The screen will only come on when the brake is engaged. From what I have read, if you connect this wire to any ground wire or ground point it will do the trick.

3. Shawn Keeler

Shawn Keeler Stunt Coordinator

Make sure it is a negative (ground) trip. I have seen some that have a positive trip. If you look in the instruction manual next to the description of the brake pedal connection it shoud say - or +. Chances are it will be a negative trip, so just ground it.
    Shawn

4. DanielH

DanielH Auditioning

Does anyone know if grounding the parking brake wire would create any problems with adding a navigation system ie: would the system think you are in park and not moving ?

5. DanielH

DanielH Auditioning

Does anyone know if the kenwood 715dvd is a + or - can't get the screen to work

6. Tim Dogg

Tim Dogg Agent

All Kenwoods use Negative trip ground for the parking brake.Hope this helps