How to automatically turn ambient light on?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by SASmith, Jan 10, 2007.

1. SASmith

SASmith Auditioning

I've got 2 10w lights mounted to the back of my LCD to provide ambient light behind the tv. My question is, how can I get the lights to turn on via remote control? I'd like to setup a macro on my remote to get them to turn on with the rest of the system.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Try this.
    http://www.lutron.com/spacer/compone...0&t=17200#lamp.Scroll down for one of those lamp dimmers. It can be remote controlled via any universal remote. Available at Lowe's or Home Depot.
    Or...I'm not sure about this but can u check the manual on the 674 if u can actually have the ac outlets on the back to be switched on or off thru the set-up? Because I do know the one I put up at a friend's, I plugged in the stereo receiver for the bass shakers. I had to put it on the surge protector to keep it on all the time due to its volume level resetting to lowest everytime its turned off....which the receiver was doing.

3. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

They make switched power strips. You plug your master plug into one outlet and once that one goes on, the other outlets are activated.

Like this; http://www.bitsltd.net/ConsumerProducts/buy.htm

there are others that make them too.

4. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Go to the hardware store and buy a single clapper device. About $6 bucks

Clap on, Clap off.

5. king

king Stunt Coordinator

Even easier...plug the lights into the rear of your AV receiver. Surely it must have a switched outlet on the back...