What's new

How to access DTS, DD on DVD-A? (1 Viewer)

Carson E

Agent
I'm having trouble finding the DD and DTS soundtracks on the DVD-A disks.
Using a Panasonic RP-82, when the screen comes up or I select the menu I only get the DVD-A surround or 2 channel options.
The disks claim DVD-A 6 channel, 2 channel, DTS, DD. (4 ways to play)
I cant find the option in my hardware to be able to access the DD and DTS and changing audio while playing only gives me the 2 "Advanced Resolution" choices.
Any help much appreciated.
RP-82 connected to a Denon 3803.
6-channel Ext. in and Coax digital connected.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
On the 45a/47ai, you have to go into the player's setup menu system, not the menu of the disc, and change it from DVD-A to DVD-V.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Your Panasonic is probably set up similarly to the way Kevin describes for his Pioneer. My Technics has a "DVD-Video" mode you have to manually set up in the menu before inserting a disc. I've used it to check DTS and DD tracks for curiosity's sake. I wouldn't bother if I were you, the advanced resolution tracks sound better.

Carson E

Agent
Kevin and Philip, Thank you for taking time to help.
It was the DVD Video Mode setting. I knew I had had it before. Just brain freeze and not the best manual for help.
I agree Philip, the advanced resolution tracks do sound much better. I was trying to demo how much better and couldn't make the comparison. I'll get them back over now that I can make the comparison possible.
Thanks again for the help.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks