What's new

How over the speed limit would you have to be to not qualify for traffic school? (1 Viewer)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Not to derail the thread, but does anyone here contest their tickets? If I'm not mistaken, a second offence within a year would result in a report to the insurance company, and the likelihood of one's premiums going up are guaranteed. I guess, for me, paying the fine is never an option, even non-moving violations.

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Sorry I wasn't clearer in my post. :b What I meant by going to court is normally the court house. Now granted, they normally have traffic court in the same place, at least in the last town I got a ticket in. When you go up there to pay it of or show that you took the defensive driving class, they normally will charge you a "court" fee. I know down here it's $10. Even if you can get it "thrown out", they still charge you. normally somewhere on the ticket it will have a appearance date.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter

I know what expunged means. And that's what I was told what would happen. Last year I needed to find out all of the violatios they had on file for me and I was told "zero". They said that there was a record I attended traffic school (only allowed to go once a year) but they had no record of a ticket or what it was even about. I was under the impression that for a simple dismissal they'd still have record of the violation.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Probably another of those things that varies from state to state. New Mexico may well expunge what Virginia erases. (Whereas what happens in Nevada simply stays in Nevada. :))

Regards,

Joe

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter

LOL

Yeah, these things do vary by state. And that's only what I've been told, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes. I mean, I've only had one ticket so I'm not worried about it but for all I know I was told bad information. It's been known to happen when dealing with large bureaucracies ;)

And one last thing to add, when I went to traffic school I had to pay for the school and some associated fees, which ended up totaling close to what the ticket fine was (about $100). So I didn't save any money, but I at least saved myself from getting points and notifying the insurance company.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Hereabouts there is a legit traffic school that tries to make the experience less painful by having comics from local comedy clubs teach some of the lessons. I think there's something similar in Los Angeles. (Where traffic school is rumored to be second only to rehab for TV and movie types trying to "network". ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks