What's new

How much should I pay for this? (1 Viewer)

cmdr_foley

Auditioning
Real Name
Sydney
Hi everyone,

I'm purchasing a condo which the previous owner has completely wired up for his home theater. Because I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff, I was hoping someone on this forum could help me figure out how much I should or shouldn't pay for it. Here are the details:

Purchased and installed in January of 2006

Includes wiring that runs in the wall and under the floor for the entire condo, about 800sq ft. (from office/den to the receiver and 5 surround sound speakers in the living room, 2 speakers in the bedroom and 1 ceiling speaker in the ensuite bathroom - bedroom and bathroom are on a 2nd floor)

TV: Panasonic TH-42pd50 (42 inch EDTV Plasma)
Receiver: Yamaha RXV-557ti
Surround Sound Speakers: Mirage Nano Sat package. Home theather package includes powered subwoofer , 5 speakers & all brackets.
1 pair of rear speaker stands
Mirage Bookshelf speakers for the loft
Dual voice coil stereo speaker for Ensuite bathroom
Local volume controls for loft & Ensuite
Uf-pro Cantiliver Arm for Plasma Television
Digital interconnect cables for the DVD, Cable box & local source from the office, surge protection for all supplied componets. Provide Power to the Plasma panel.

He's asking for $10 000 (negotiable). Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

cmdr_foley

Auditioning
Real Name
Sydney
Hi everyone,

I'm purchasing a condo which the previous owner has completely wired up for his home theater. Because I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff, I was hoping someone on this forum could help me figure out how much I should or shouldn't pay for it. Here are the details:

Purchased and installed in January of 2006

Includes wiring that runs in the wall and under the floor for the entire condo, about 800sq ft. (from office/den to the receiver and 5 surround sound speakers in the living room, 2 speakers in the bedroom and 1 ceiling speaker in the ensuite bathroom - bedroom and bathroom are on a 2nd floor)

TV: Panasonic TH-42pd50 (42 inch EDTV Plasma)
Receiver: Yamaha RXV-557ti
Surround Sound Speakers: Mirage Nano Sat package. Home theather package includes powered subwoofer , 5 speakers & all brackets.
1 pair of rear speaker stands
Mirage Bookshelf speakers for the loft
Dual voice coil stereo speaker for Ensuite bathroom
Local volume controls for loft & Ensuite
Uf-pro Cantiliver Arm for Plasma Television
Digital interconnect cables for the DVD, Cable box & local source from the office, surge protection for all supplied componets. Provide Power to the Plasma panel.

He's asking for $10 000 (negotiable). Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
So, you're buying the condo and you're negotiating with him on the equipment he has (to buy seperately)?

Are these in-wall? If so, they come with the house. If not, cables would be $100 at most.

Surge protection how? A surge protector? What kind? Maybe $250.

Provide power to plasma? You mean it has a plug? They all do. $0.

I wouldn't go over $3000.

cmdr_foley

Auditioning
Real Name
Sydney
Yes, that's exactly what I'm asking about. The cables are in wall yes, and to be honest I'm a little nervous now about what would happen if I didn't buy the set since we bought the place without conditions (multiple bidder situation).

Anyway, $4000 was sort of what I figured, but $3000 sounds even better. At first I wasn't even entertaining the option ($10 000? Are you kidding?) but I told him I'd consider it to placate him. Now I'm thinking it might be easier to just go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks