What's new

How many Hunter fans out there collecting the DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Being one of my favorites, I really hope that Anchor Bay releases all 7 seasons of Hunter. I'm almost finished watching all of my Season One DVD, and am waiting for Season 2.
Anyone hear news about a Season 3 release date??
Lets hear from all the Hunter fans out there!

Justin V

Auditioning
Yep, I'm collecting Hunter on DVD, and am also keen to see all seven seasons -- even Season 7, where Hunter moved to Metro after Stepfanie Kramer left the show. I was a huge fan as a kid.

I have to say that Cannell/Anchor Bay's decision not to license the original music really hurt the first season on DVD. With one glaring exception, the picture quality was good and the extras were interesting, but the replacement music just didn't have the impact of the original stuff. The only consolation is that I have most of the originals on tape, and from the second season onward there's a lot less music anyway.

There's a mastering error on one episode, The Beach Boy, that renders it unwatchable. How it got through QC I've no idea -- just plain sloppy. I emailed Cannell and Anchor Bay twice to ask what they plan to do about it, and I never heard back...

They should issue a replacement disk or, at the very least, put a corrected version on the Season 2 set. Their refusal to acknowledge the problem doesn't bode well, though. Did you run into the same issue, Dan? And does anyone here have a contact at Anchor Bay that actually replies to customer complaints?

No word on when Season 3 is coming. I think they'd originally planned a faster release schedule, but I'd guess Season 3 will surface before the year's out.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I love Hunter! Wathced it every Saturday night. I was afraid that it wouldn't really hold up in 2005 but I loved every minute of it! I will buy all the seasons. The music replacement really irked me only because I could tell that it was replaced. I don't remember any of the music from the original broadcasts but I can tell that the music used is wrong.

--Ian

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Yes, I was quite dissapointed about the fact that The Beach Boy episode was unwatchable. And as luck would have it, it is my favorite episode from Season One, so I was not pleased.
Also, the issue of Music replacement seems to be a thorn in the side of TV/DVD collectors. I am also upset that the music has been changed. The good side is that as the seasons went on, there was less music used. However, I really wished that they had forked out the extra dough for the music in Season One at least. It really made an impact in some scenes, like The Opening scene in The Beach Boy, with "Bad to the Bone" in the background.
One more note, I also am unpleased with Anchor Bay's customer service. I have emailed them Before regarding other issues, but have never gotten a response. Not very proffesional for such a big company..:thumbsdown:

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Please keep in mind that all the issues for this set were caused by Cannell, not Anchor Bay. Anchor Bay is just bringing the sets to retail, and may not have even seen them before they were released. They aren't involved in the authoring, the extras, or the music replacement as far as I know.

The one thing they ARE responsible for is their customer service.

Gord

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
Call information in Stutz, Michigan to get their phone number. They used to post it on their site, then removed it. I called information to get in touch with them a few times.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be picking up Season 2 when it hits the shelves, and I really hope we get all 7 of the original seasons.

I also hope we see another release that has the 3 after series movies and the short return of Hunter to series television in 2003. Even though there are only 3 episodes that actually aired, it looks like two more were filmed but never shown.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Another Hunter fan here! Planning on grabbing all future sets the day they come out. Hunter had two partners after DeeDee. Both were blonde, but I can't remember if they were both in the same season or not. When the HTF review on Hunter S1 came out, I remarked on the music replacement myself. Truly awful, especially the motorcycle assassin episode. The Beach Boy episode was also my favorite S1 episode as well. Boy they cast the right guy for that part. He was one dangerous looking dude!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Are there any Hunter fan sites out there anywhere? I am looking for a listing of songs from each episode. I have a friend who is asking me for the name of a song what was in the episode Fire Man which appears to be from the first season.

These are lyrics he sent me:

Not much to go on but I thought I'd look into it for him.

And by the way, I did buy the season one DVD set and will likely buy the rest of them as they come out.

Justin V

Auditioning
I'm not yet permitted to post links.

But Google is your friend :)

Head to KittyO's splendid "Wonderful World of Hunter", which features a message board, where you'll find a couple of questions about music in that very episode.

From the lyrics you've given, it sounds as though the song is from the TVLand/DVD version which features replacement music...

Good luck!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Thank you for the information. I was just checking it out.

I did see this message:

I must remember seeing it when it first aired. I do remember hearing Burning Down the House during that episode. Too bad they aren't licensing the original music for this show.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
A few months back it was reported on TVShowOnDVD that Cannel.com posted news about Hunter Season 4 being released on April 4. I have not been able to find any listings on either site to confirm this, what gives??

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dan: I wish I could answer your question.

All I can tell you is that as I was compiling info for this weel's Weekly RoundUp over in Coupons and Bargains, Hunter: Season 4 showed up on quite a few lists of 4-4-06 releases...but not a single retailer or e-tailer has one listed (for ANY release in the near future).

Sorry, dude.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I know, I also could not find it on any retailers site either..
I'd like to know exactly what happened???

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

That sucks!!
Does that mean Hunter has been dropped??
I was hoping for at least season 6!!

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
I hope they don't drop either Hunter OR The Commish. Both are quality shows from their era and I want to see all the season released of both shows.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I just rec'd an email from one of the TV/DVD brand managers at Anchor Bay, and she said that at this point, they are unsure whether there will be more releases or not. Definitely not the response I was hoping for. Any Hunter fans might want to drop them a line at [email protected] to let them know that we want more releases!!

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Just sent an email to that address. Hope Hunter gets back on the schedule. It'd really hurt to miss out on the rest of this truly great series. We haven't even gotten to the best part of the series, or at least my favorite, the 3 part "City Under Siege". I hope many of the Hunter fans here at HTF will take a few moments to drop AB an email and let them know how much this show continues to mean to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks