What's new

How many have a 4805 ceiling hung apx 14' from screen? (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
If you own an Infocus 4805 and have it ceiling mounted on a std 8'ceiling apx 14' back from the screen, please post your results such as picture size, overall satisfaction, etc.
Any other tips for a setup like this that you may offer such as mount setup you used would be helpful too.

PLMK-Thanks!

danDo

Agent
I picked up my mount from http://mountdirect.com/ for $45. Their store is near my work so I was able to see what I was getting instead of having to trust ebay descriptions of thier and other sellers mounts. I really like the mount, nice and sturdy with an easy setup.

I just sent back my 4805 yesterday :frowning: My wife sees rainbows from it so we replaced it with the 5000. I was able to watch a few movies before we sent it back though. Our set up was ~11 feet from our screen and the crystal clear, amazing picture was ~73"x40" at full zoom. We have only had a "regular" TV before our projector, so the video loss at full zoom (that was mentioned in many threads I read on these forums) was not an issue for us.

We are also happy with our 5000. But after checking it out, I put it in the box until we are done painting the theater area.

I hope this helps you.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Todd,
This theater Episode 1 is 12; x 14'. The front of the projector is about 13' from the screen giving a 94" screen. I hung the projector using a modified TV mount upside down. Also, if you still can, add a switch to the projector outlet. The 4805 leaves the fan running on low after it is turned off.
Dave

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
My new room size is 12'w and 21'l but due to two ceiling fans and other items on the ceiling, the best place to hang the unit will be apx 14' back from the screen. I already have the electrician adding a switch on the wall to power down the unit after cool down.

In my current setup, my room is 20'x20' and my 4805 is 18' from the screen. It is on a rack against the back wall and I have to turn off the unit after it cycles down manually so I was glad to add a wall switch in the new theater. I use a crappy ebay mount made out of plasma (?) cut aluminum plate on a plastic pivot hanging fixture. Works but no accuracy. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks