What's new

how many friends (offline) have either (360) HD-DVD add on or ps3? (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I was curious on how many people in the forum have friends in real life.. that own either the 360 HD add on or the ps3 or both?

I own one. My sister's husband has one.. of the 360 HD add on. I don't know anyone with the p3. my brother says he has a student that has ps3.

Jacob

Neal_C

Second Unit
I have the 360 add-on and have one buddy that I recommended it to that bought it also.

I also have a PS3 in the closet still sealed. Been sitting there for a month. Haven't decided if I want to venture into Blu-Ray yet or not. All the studio support behind Blu-Ray is making me want to open it though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I know one person with a PS3 and an X-Box add on. They've bought a title or two on HD-DVD but nothing yet on Blu-Ray.

Everyone else that I know has no interest in high def discs at this point in time.

Brent T

Second Unit
I have 4 real life good friends that have the xbox 360 - 3 of them got the HD-DVD add on, two of them bought ps3s to try and sell on ebay which they got stuck with and then returned to best buy.

I know a guy who has a ps3 (wouldnt call him a good friend) and while he likes the PS3 he isnt thrilled with too many of games. He also has no interest in blue ray movies because of the price point for them.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
All of my friends have a 360 and a couple of co workers. Only one co worker has the HD DVD player. No one got a PS3 other than myself.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I have two co-workers that have PS3 but neither own the HD-DVD add-on although they each have the 360.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I know 3 people besides myself that have the 360 with the add-on. No one that I know has a PS3. At least no one I know has mentioned it.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Three family members and one friend's son. Of course, I bought them their 360's last year as gifts, and gave the HD-DVD add-on's as gifts this Christmas. So they had no choice.:)

Same friends son also had a PS3, but sold it. I don't know if he will be getting another.

Sam H

Second Unit
I know of a few people with 360 or PS3, but I don't believe any of them use either for HD DVD/Blu Ray movie playback. From talks I've gathered that none want to pick the 'wrong' format and are content with DVD since it's well established and not going away any time soon.

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
Only one friend has an add-on (my birthday present to him) and no one I know of has a PS3.

Greg Conti

Stunt Coordinator
None of my friends own any gaming consoles. Funny, because many of my friends and myself owned all the consoles back in the day. Last gaming system I bought was a N64. I might buy an Xbox360 if the quite them down and included a HD-DVD drive. Not to game but as an extender because I am a MCE2005 user and thats one thing a PS3 can't do.

DarthBeavis

Agent
Real Name
Richard Surroz
I have both but then I am also building a custom PC with an Intel Quad Core CPU and dual 8800 gtxs (phase change cooled CPU and watercooled cpu) with a third GPU that has HDMI so I can add either BR of HD DVD drive for use as an HTPC . . .I am a bit of a geek so my inclinations are not representative of society or even geeks in general.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
darth, 8800 already has hdcp built-in. you can use one of the 4 DVI-outputs using a DVI->HDMI adaptor and you should be able to enjoy movies on HTPC no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks