What's new

How many cable runs to my satellite? (1 Viewer)

Ryan_D

Agent
I have a DirecTivo now and will soon have a DirecTV HDTV receiver. If I get an oval dish with two dual LNBs and the multiswitch, how many cables do I have to connect to the satellite to to use both tuners in the DirecTivo and the HDTV receiver? How many for only one DirecTivo tuner? I have to make a long (150 ft) run to the dish, so I'm trying to minimize the number of long runs I have to make. Thanks.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
You need to run one for each tuner you plan on using. If you want to use both tuners in the Tivo and the one in the HD box, then that would be three runs. If you only want to use one tuner on the Tivo, then two runs. If you are going through all the work of running them, you might as well run 3 so you aren't kicking yourself in the ass later.

Bob Jackson

Stunt Coordinator
You can use two $300 sets of stackers to limit you to two cables.

You can run all the receivers you want if you run four cables from the LNBs to the multiswitch (located closer to the receivers) - then a cable per tuner from the multiswitch.

With a single DTiVo and HDTV receiver you only need 3 cables, as mentioned above, from the 4x4 switch typ mounted on/near the dish to your receivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks