What's new

How low is this song? (1 Viewer)

Shane Morales

Second Unit
I'm really very curious to find out how low the bass on a particular song is, but I have no way of finding out myself. The song is the Xylem Flow mix of William Orbit's Water From A Vine Leaf. I'd never heard the low bass on this song until I got a subwoofer. I mean, it's non-existent on a stereo or in my car. I never knew it was there. But with the sub, it really makes its presence known.

I'm providing a tiny sample of the song in FLAC and MP3 format in the hopes that one of you can measure how low the bass is. The samples are very small, maybe 5% of the whole song, kinda like the samples at amazon.com.

FLAC
MP3

If you like the tune, you can get it at amazon.com. Very cool CD.

TIA.

Shane Morales

Second Unit
Hey, neat! Thanks a lot!

Neat program. I downloaded it and am currently noodling with it. Not that I know what I'm doing with it, but I at least figured out the waterfall part.

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
Here is my graph. As you can see there is no ultralow material, 30Hz only.

server5.uploadit.org/files/Zipman12-Image1.jpg

Shane Morales

Second Unit
So is that pretty low for a song? What are some tunes that have lower bass than this? I sure would like to hear them.

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
Check this out:
(ad www) svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm#musicdemos

There you can find some ultralow material, 20Hz and below.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
The Bass Archives by Rudi B here has some good low bass music selections too.

30Hz is about the limit for most popular music. Few do much below this. For examples from Rudi's list try:

Harry Connick Jr. - She, Track "Joe Slam & the Spaceship"
and
Various Artists - Underworld, Track "Now I Know"

Not, "popular" music, but be sure to check out the "SoundHound Organ" selections. Many consider organ music to be the only music that extends much below 30Hz. This is almost true, but not quite.

JKS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks