What's new

How low can you go? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Destiny has some nice round booms from some of the bad guys -- they Hydras, I think. It's a game that's well served by speakers that can reach to the 80Hz handoff to the sub. A pity it's turned way down most of the time to hear people over the tiny ear bud :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
SVS just recommended this on twitter, will give it a listen at home tonight!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djbFQKzkiRg&feature=youtu.be

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Ha, I've been listening to their album since the release and been an early follower of Phantogram.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think Big Grams' Goldmine Junkie has more deeper, slightly more sustained bass notes:

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
The ending of this Jason Mraz song always has my sub rattling the windows of the house when I spin it at home and in my my car as well when I tune it in there. :)

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
If you want visceral-like lows, it has to be an orchestral concert bass drum. There is a good recording of Borodin's Polovtsian Dances on Mercury Living Presence with Dorati conducting the London Symphony. This is real world low impact in a real space, not electronic.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
This isn't rap and it predates dubstep. If you grew up in the South, entire communities enacted noise ordinances as a result of this album (and his previous ones). The CD's even contained a warning message that your speakers could be destroyed from the ultra low bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks