What's new

How Long Is Your Commute? (1 Viewer)

Eric D Wong

Stunt Coordinator
25 miles. Its taken 43 min +/- 2 minutes so far. I get to see- forest roads, country back roads, highway (i695 and i83 in baltimore) then city driving.

Jason L.

Second Unit
You guys are all wimps.

When I lived on Long Island, New York I had a 1.5 hour commute EACH WAY to get to downtown NYC. 3 hours a day of hell.

Try waiting on the platform for the train in freezing cold weather while it is still dark out in the morning, or waiting underground for the subway [no AC] with a million other people in the humidity of August in a Suit.

Plus you have to pay a couple hundred dollars just to pay for the trains and subways each month!

After 30 days of working in NYC, I said there is no way I could ever do this, and that's why I got the hell out of the New York and moved down south.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Wimps? Hah!

400 miles one way
Start back today on the 3:30 Jet Blue Flight to Oakland arrive 4:50
Shuttle bus to BART
Take BART to San Francisco transfer to the N Judah.
I will be home by 6pm

I win the longest commute....or should I say lose:thumbsdown:

Eric D Wong

Stunt Coordinator
Good lord thats a haul- what kinda job do you do that needs you to take a plane flight each day? That must be a pain in the butt to go thru security etc each day.

I'd like to move closer to work but right now housing around here is too much $$$$.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
7 miles. Garage sales all the way home on Thursdays and Fridays gets me big audio hell from the wife.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
about 19.43 miles one way takes about 25-35 min depending on light patterns and traffic.

Im with whoever said 30 min is max. If it takes me 35 min I about loose it :angry:

Joe S

Second Unit
Today I did my first drive to the new job. It was about 45 miles and I managed to do it in 45-50 minutes each way. Not too bad, but it takes a lot out of you. I'm sure I'll be exhausted by Friday. I'll have to adjust my schedule to be sure I can work 7 - 3:30 (flex time) since the traffic isn't as bad as it would be at 4:30.

If I could find a closer job, I'd take it even though I know I'll get nowhere near the money I'm getting now.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
45 miles each way. 1 hour in, 1 hour 10 minutes coming home...Been doing it for almost 15 years, but it's coming to an end in August.

The new commute will be a 40 minute train ride and 10 minute walk from Penn Station.

At last, I finally own a car which won't have 100,000 miles on it when it's four years old.

RichardK

Second Unit
2.2 miles garage to parking lot (about 5 minutes through a neighborhood), one way...
used to be 13miles on a busy freeway (20 minutes or so).
my wife has a 22mile (one way) commute takes 35-45minutes for her...hers used to be 7miles (15min, one way)

Herschel

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I'm in pretty good shape, then. I'm 13 miles away (the other side of DC from you), and it's an hour each way.

On the plus side, I'm only driving for 10 minutes of that, and not in heavy traffic. The rest of the time is the subway and walking.

JamesMH

Stunt Coordinator
55 miles eachway, 99% freeway. Lane splitting on the LA freeways really helps, some days it cuts over 2 hours off the commute if done by car.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I take the commuter train to work, so I've never really figured out how many miles it is. Takes me about an hour on the train, and then a 20 minute walk to the office.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I'm 13 miles from home, which takes just under half an hour. Without rush hour traffic the same drive takes about 15 minutes.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
About 50 mins each way. Though for those of you in the know traffic in Toronto is at a critical stage and a single accident or storm brings traffic to a standstill on a regular basis.

Thank God I have recently gotten into audiobooks - what a world of difference in my daily commute. Sometimes I'm so into the story I'm reluctant to get out of my vehicle!:eek:

Listening to the King Dark Tower series right now. King is an excellent reader. His take on Bag Of Bones raised my opinion of that story considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks