What's new

How is the new Primus cd? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I like the old stuff and am itching to buy this new cd by them. I was just wondering if it is any good and if it is at all like their old stuff.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna get the DVD/CD package soon, sight unseen. It's got a 29-minute, 5-song CD, with a DVD featuring 13 Primus music videos. For less than $19.99 (or less), it should be a steal.

Primus Sucks!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Woa, I didn't even realise there was a new Primus CD. I take it this new music and not just some compilation or something, right?

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Mike, Herb is back, and AFAIK there is new music.

I should be seeing them live in 3 weeks (for the 4th time, 3rd time with Herb).

The live show is something like one set of randomness, and one set of 'Sailing the Seas of Cheese' (complete), with lots of multimedia/visuals/whatever.

Herb just wants to be called Tim now, I think.

Anyhow, Primus sucks!

David Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
Primus does suck. I've been fortunate to see them suck live twice. ( Once with the Professor Nutmeg. ) I'd love to go see the bastards on this tour except they seem to be staying way the hell away from Texas...

The primussucks.com site has some previews of the five new tracks, and they sound pretty good. I hope this DVD is a little better than Videoplasty. I'll probably pick this up whenever I have a little extra cash.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I just got the new CD a few days ago and enjoy it. As good as Brain is on drums, it was good to hear Herb again. The DVD of extras is a great bonus. I haven't seen any of the videos in years. I've got Cheesy Home Video and Videoplasty, but if memory serves this is the first time DMV, Mr. Krinkle, and My Name is Mud made a home video appearance.

I saw Mr. Krinkle once on Mtv, same as DMV. My, that was a long time ago.

The bastardos will be coming to town in November. This will be my 3rd time seeing them, first time with Herb. I look forward to seeing them suck.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
The live show is something like one set of randomness, and one set of 'Sailing the Seas of Cheese' (complete), with lots of multimedia/visuals/whatever.
Oh, man, I hope tix are still available for my area.

I was gonna go see Frog Brigade with Project/Object but something came up. I'm still pissed I missed that.

Bill Leber

Stunt Coordinator
Last week Best Buy had the DVD/CD for $9.99, so it was a no-brainer. The videos alone are worth the price. I'm still digesting the new songs, but I'm liking it. After their tour they're suppose to record a proper album. Les is a busy man!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Once at HORDE I was watching Bruce Hampton (father to the entire jamband scene) and the Fiji Mariners on the third stage (didn't even know they were going to be there). Primus (Brain era) was going to be playing the main stage in a couple of hours.

Well, after Col. Bruce is done, his keyboard player (Dr. Dan Matrazzo) comes back out and starts improvising on the keys. Next thing you know Les and Ler sneak out to join him and just start shredding. They jammed for about 20 minutes, and it wasn't until the end that a crowd started building up as people realized what was going on.

It was a great fucking jam and I wish I had a tape or minidisc recorder with me.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I haven't listened to the CD but I've watched the DVD twice.

I got into Primus when they opened for The Pixies and Jane's Addiction.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It's really a great set and a phenomonal deal. I picked it up for $9.99 at Best Buy last week.

The DVD contains every single music video as well as all of the footage from "Video Plasty" & "Cheesy Video". There is also 10-12 live performances from throughout the history of the band going all the way back to '86.

As someone already said, this is worth picking up for the DVD alone, but with a new EP attached it is a complete no-brainer. So far, I really like the new songs also. They're typical Primus and it's great to hear Herb (Uh, I mean Tim) back in the pack. Brain was good, but he was no Tim - not by a long shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks