What's new

How is Steely Dan live? (1 Viewer)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I am thinking about picking up a couple tickets either for their upcoming show at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ or at the Borgata in Atlantic City. Just wondering how their performance is in a live setting. Anyone see any of their recent shows, or for that matter, any of their live shows?

J

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I saw them on the 2 Against Nature tour. I enjoyed it. They pretty much stick to the album arrangements, but the performance is slick and very nice.

And it doesn't hurt when the background singers are cute.

Like the music on the last two albums, if you don't already like Dan, the show won't change your mind. But if you do, it'll be fun.

For me, it was great, but I don't feel the need to see them again.

David Rubenstein

Stunt Coordinator
I saw them a couple of times when they first got back together (6-7 years ago).

As said above, great sounding show, and it was great to hear all the old songs (they had no new music at the time), but there's not a lot going on in the show.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Seen them many times and they always sound superb. The usually play some of their bigger hits.

The evening has a very cool vibe when they are on stage.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the input guys. I think I am going to try to catch them at the Borgata, which is a smaller venue, which should hopefully provide a more intimate atmosphere. I am really enjoying their newest album, and hopefully they mix in some of their older work as well.

J

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I've seen 'em twice ('93 and 2000), and you won't hear a better sounding show. They are as meticulous with their live sound as with their studio recordings. I prefer their sound in an outdoor venue, as the music gets a chance to "breathe", but I'm sure they'd rock indoors as well. As for the older stuff, they usually play most of the big hits from the '70's, as well as the bulk of the newer material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks