How is CELESTION speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Tim_, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Tim_

Tim_ Stunt Coordinator

Following on my previous post in finding a best set of speaker for music for Piano, vocal and some punchy base. I come across an old speaker brand that I just now remembered, the CELESTION. Its seem that their price is very reasonable but I don't know anyone that carrys them locally. I like the F15, F30 & AVF302. Anyone hear of these and is it worth the money? I know I need to hear it but since no one carry it that it not an option. Help, please, thanks.

2. Dean_S

Dean_S Second Unit

I haven't heard any of the newer, less expensive Celestions but the vintage SL6 and SL600 series are incredible, as well as the more recent A-series speakers. I just sold a pair of SL6S that I had for more then 15 years. I had a hard time deciding whether to keep them or sell them but I haven't had a good room to set them up in for while and don't know when I will so I took them out of storage and sold them to someone who can use them now...someday I will regret that.

3. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    I parted with my old DL6s two years ago, after 17 years of faithful service. My friend has them and they're still going strong. Not familiar with the newest offerings (could find them when I auditioned speakers last year) but if they're half as good as my old ones, they're worth an audition.

4. Lee_L

Lee_L Stunt Coordinator

My only experience with Celestion is that they make awesome guitar speakers. That's...all I can really say. :b

5. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

Another recommendation for the A series, fantastic speakers. Need good amps though.

Usually sell for low prices second hand, so can snap up a bargain.