What's new

How is Audio (and video) of new Pearl Jam Madison Square DVD? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I know there have been threads in the past on the just-released Madison Square Garden concert, but those were more announcement-type threads. I'm interested in a review.

See, I'm a fan of PJ's from the 90's, and I have been to a few concerts, and I always thought Ament's bass was well-represented. However with the slew of "bootleg/official" live releases, with the 5-6 that I bought, the bass I found severely lacking.

For the record, I'm a "flatliner"-I don't adjust bass/treble on my NAD T762. I have what could be called a mid-fi or, if you stretch it, a low-end hi-fi system that represents good recordings very well. On a lot of other live DVDs I have (DMB @ Folsom field, James Taylor @ Beacon, John Mayer) the bass - by this I mean specifically the bass guitar - is well represented. I don't mean overpowering, just present and clearly driving the music, much as it does in concert.

In the few live Pearl Jam recordings I have purchased, Ament's bass has been as non-present as Metallica's first four albums. :D Okay that's an overstatement, but you get what I mean.

So my question is: how is the bass...and the overall sound quality of the Madison Square Garden concert DVD?

For pic quality: I hear it's 16x9, how's the picture look?

Thanks in advance for your comments/reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks