What's new

How I Met Your Mother - season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
If you are fan of the show then I'm not sure how one more year is a bad thing. Perhaps if you think the show is running out of steam and maybe it should be wrapped up; but I'm still really enjoying the show and it has not worn out its welcome with me. We've seen variations on the storytelling devices the show employs and they still work well for me despite my familiarity with them. Flashbacks, alternate perspectives, jumps forward in the timeline, etc.
Looking forward to the final 1.5 seasons.
- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Obviously CBS wanted another year from the show, but I'd like to think that this will give them some time to develop the relationship between Ted and whomever will be cast as the Mother. So instead of the show ending with Ted meeting the women of his dreams, we can actually see them spend time together. Or maybe that isn't where the writers will go. (??)
- Walter.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I guess I'm not interested in seeing how Ted will alternately get together with and break up with and then finally marry her.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'm not interested in seeing how Ted will alternately get together with and break up with and then finally marry her.
:eek: You may be correct; but I'll stand by my thought that the courtship will be worth seeing if that is the direction the show takes.
- Walter.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Oh gawd...another year...
Ditto that remark. They better pull out some fantastic storylines, great acting and a really good ending to milk this for another year.
Really good shows know when to bow out gracefully and end well, this may be one that tried to push it just another year longer and blew it.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's unfortunate. We were hoping to have the story wrapped up this season. It's not been as strong this year, and I think it would be better to go for the wrap up, than to drag on in mediocrity.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Strongest episode this season, I thought. I've been surprised that I've pleasantly enjoyed this season where stuff actually seems to be happening. But the scene on the roof top with Lily and Ted was really good stuff. Hannigan really sold that scene for me

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There were two things that jumped out at me with this episode: 1) The episode was less than twenty minutes when you take out the commercials. CBS is really pushing the boundaries of how little content they can get away with in a half-hour. 2) We now know the wedding takes place in May 2012, and therefore Ted meets the Mother in May 2012. Clearly, all parties involved were working on the assumption that the show would be ending this season. I really hope they don't stretch four months into ~30 episodes. If they have to come back next year, have him meet the Mother in the season finale and play out the aftermath next season.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Hannigan has usually done better with the emotional stuff than the comedy.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Adam Lenhardt said:
1) The episode was less than twenty minutes when you take out the commercials. CBS is really pushing the boundaries of how little content they can get away with in a half-hour.
I noticed this with Mike and Molly this week, it ran (including _full_ credits) 18:32 in length. It's quite disappointing as to how short things seem to be getting :(

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
Josh Dial said:
For me, the best moment was Ted letting go of Robin.
I agree. Which made it even more disappointing when they went right back to the well again in the first episode back from the holiday break. Apparently Ted is never going to let Robin go until he meets his future wife. I don't know how many more episodes, or potentially another season, of Ted pining over Robin I can take.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Jerry Almeida said:
I agree. Which made it even more disappointing when they went right back to the well again in the first episode back from the holiday break. Apparently Ted is never going to let Robin go until he meets his future wife. I don't know how many more episodes, or potentially another season, of Ted pining over Robin I can take.
Yes. I thought this was done with seasons ago. And here we are again, retreading tired story. It was an ok episode, but I'm tired of Ross and Rachel, I mean Ted and Robin.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, I saw the big twist coming a mile away, but I still laughed harder at that episode than I have in a long time. It does shoot down once and for all my favorite Mother theory, though, that the Mother was Barney's half sister and Uncle Barney and Aunt Robin really were Uncle Barney and Aunt Robin. But given how the last episode ended, I was pretty sure that theory was already up in flames.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks