What's new

How I Met Your Mother Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Speaking of Robin...

I had this weird thought watching the show Monday - Could Robin end up with Barney? The way that Robin emphasized she was NOT dating Barney, it feels like the kind of set up to try that. I'm also thinking of the past episode where Barney and Robin actually hung out together and bonded. Surprisingly, they had quite a bit in common.

EricW

Senior HTF Member

what?!?!?
no. no, no, no, no.... no. no-no-no-no-no.... NO. no, no, NO, no, no no.

no.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I really liked the episode. Hannigan looks especially good as a "goth chick."

EricW

Senior HTF Member
it looks like Old Ted/Lily/Marshall might be used like Fat Monica from friends. :P have we seen Old Robin or Barney yet? i bet Old Barney'd probably look the same :P either that or the opposite - age very very poorly. :)

Chris Mannes

Stunt Coordinator
You can't have forgotten hippie Barney.

"A hippie working in a coffee shop in the mid-1990s, Barney planned a two-year stint in the Peace Corps in Nicaragua with his girlfriend Shanon, but she dumped him for an older, more well-off and suited man. He recorded a video of himself singing in an attempt to win her back, but to no avail. This was the catalyst for his transformation into his modern appearance and personality."

From http://tv.wikia.com/wiki/How_I_Met_Your_Mother

EDIT: Doh, you said OLD not young.. doh....

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
What happened to all the love for this show?

At this point, HIMYM is third only to 30 Rock and Survivor for "Most Anticipated Show" in our house. My wife is totally won over.

HIMYM is at the level that Friends didn't hit until season 4, which is when the characters are so well drawn that the scripts become organic extensions and not a compilation of "one size fits all" jokes. Most of the gags revolve around the characters themselves -- out of context, they're not that funny or they don't even make sense.

The latest episode was the best this season. My wife thought that Ted's habit of correcting everyone was totally me. The examples of the minutae he corrected sounded like things I've said. She has sat through my numerous rants on the increasingly incorrect usage of "literally".

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
It ranks quite high in my house too. Lily's loud chewing and Marshall's singing both had me laughing so hard I had to pause for air! And I also have Ted's "correcting" habit -- I have to make an effort to not be annoying with it!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think this show is best when they figure out how to involve the entire cast in on the plot. The episodes that splinter off the characters tend to be hit or miss. I thought this was the funniest episode for this season (I tend not to LOL while watching this show, though I'll chuckle at some of the jokes, but Big Bang Theory always produces some LOLs from me).

I hate that one of my flaws is a Ted flaw at times. But I've been trying to lay back and let people express themselves as they wish without correcting them in the past few years, though it does require biting one's lip mightily hard at times.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm still onboard and while I love the show I must admit that Lily and Marshall are beginning to make me a little sick lol.

"I remember when *I* had a penis." :laugh: If I were drinking something I would have probably reacted the same way as Barney. :)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My over-confidence about my spelling prowess leads to typos because I never bother proofreading or using spell check.

However, I flat out misspelled minutiae. I thought it looked funny, but I assumed I was over analysing it.

I was going to make a comment about posters on this board being a congregation of Ted Mosby's, but I didn't want to offend. But it looks like everyone fessed up anyway.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am literally laughing out loud at the latest posts. :)

About the episode:

I am totally dismayed that they dared to portray Lily as anything other than perfect. :)

The worst part is that "loud chewing" is my biggest pet peeve. I can't stand it. My dad can somehow make pudding crunch when he eats it. :frowning: and why can't people keep their mouths closed when they eat? whats with all the smacking sounds? AAAARGH!!!!!

And for the shows writers to give this trait to Lilly was completely hurtful to my sensitive disposition.

Sniff.......

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

A congregation of Ted Mosby's what? :) (That should, of course, be "Ted Mosbys" or possibly "Ted Mosbies" - a plural, not a possessive. ;))

Lucky none of us are like him in real life.

Joe

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
Happy Slapsgiving to all you Americans! (Us Canadians celebrated REAL Thanksgiving a while ago :) )

I have to admit, I figured the known slap would not be as good as the second slap, but I enjoyed it thoroughly, especially the post slap song :) I also love that the slaps are spanning years rather than being all played out in an episode or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks