How Has CBS Really Done By Collectors

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Frank Soyke, May 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Lost In Space is a Fox release, not CBS/Paramount.

2. PatrickGoodluck

PatrickGoodluck Stunt Coordinator

Patrick
    Beg your pardon. Yes, the show was originally broadcast on CBS but not a CBS dvd release. I guess I can't blame them for everything. :rolleyes:

3. Wiseguy

Wiseguy Stunt Coordinator

This may seem a minor point to some but the title of the series has always been "Hawaii Five-0" never "Hawaii Five-O." The five and 0 (zero) are both numbers. Although some have taken to refer to the original as "Five-O" to distinguish from the new version, this is silly. On both series the name of the team is named after numbers: the original after the 50th state, the new version after the number on a football jersey, if I remember correctly. Through typos and ignorance the name "Five-O" has become widespread. But it is always incorrect.

4. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Okay, then we have to start calling it "Hawaii five Zero."

Ron1973 and Gary OS like this.
  5. JMFabianoRPL

JMFabianoRPL Stunt Coordinator

Good with giving us occasional surprises, still BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD with backing away any time anything vaguely treading into music rights comes up, and expunging Paramount Television's name from history.

Another note: seems that the most glaring examples of the above come for sitcoms on ABC or NBC. I wonder if someone has it out for anything not a hit on the Tiffany Network, but that's just the conspiracy theorist in me talking.

6. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    Seeing as we now have confirmation via the CBS Syndication Bible that S4 of The Beverly Hillbillies, S3 of Petticoat Junction and two season of Laverne and Shirley have been remastered for HD, I'm holding out hope for those to see DVD releases soon. They've given us the Honeymooners on Blu-Ray as well. If they'll finish out The Hillbillies and Barnaby Jones I'll be happy.

7. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson Screenwriter

CBS/Paramount has done pretty well by me. Except for Jake and the Fat Man, most everything I cared about has been completed. In fact, the only other CBS shows I'd want would be Slattery's People and The Great Adventure. Given their short runs, though, I hold very little hope. They're not even available from what are delicately called "alternative sources."