What's new

How good is the Cables America component video switcher? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I know component video switchers have been covered in the past but I am just wanting feedback on one specific model,The Cables America 2 to 4 component video switcher. I am specifically interested on how well it will convert hdtv images and progressive scan images from my Denon 1600 dvd player.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I have no experience with that unit. I can tell you to look for about 50 Mhz bandwidth to be compatible with a progressive scan DVD player, but you want 90-100 Mhz bandwidth to handle 720/1080 images.

Do you have a link or any technial specs?

DavidK

Grip
Jeff,
I own the Cablesamerica 4x2 switch and have posted on this switch on the AVS "HDTV Hardware" forum in the thread: "New component switch at BestBuy for $99. Seven inputs!". You can review this thread to get a good perspective on several dif component switch recommendations.

I've had no problems with image degradation for HDTV/etc and feel this switch is a great value - especially since it has 2 outputs & a remote control too.

For those interested, below are the audio.video specs as listed in the accompanying literature:

Video bandwidth: >250Mhz, +/- 3db
Video distortion: 50db

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
DavidK,
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Man, there were a ton of posts regarding this issue. I think I am going with the Inday. It seems to be what I am looking for at a very reasonable price. Something that I was reading though said that if the inputs are changed via remote and not manually there could be some issues. Is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks