What's new

How good is RG6 as a component cable? (1 Viewer)

Tom Kay

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all;

This question may seem similar to Kenneth's, but I'd really like to know about the quality of signal, interference and losses using RG6 with a Quad shield (from Home depot) and Snap n Seal connectors. These connectors might be F type, then have RCA adapters.

My run will be 25 to 30 feet, and I am concerned about image quality. The component cables would go from my AVR to the place in my ceiling where I want to have a front projector one day, and I'd like to add this cable before closing my walls and ceiling with drywall.

Is this type of cable likely to produce a picture that is equal to, say Monster 2 component cables? Again, this RG6 has what's called a Quad shield, not just regular RG6.

Any thoughts? Thanks, Tom.

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator
For that length, you probably won't notice a difference. T&B also makes a snap-n-seal RCA connector. If you want to be certain, use a cable like the Canare V3-5CFB or Belden 7710a for your run.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks