What's new

How do I mount a picture using sawtooth hangars? (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
So normally I mount my picture frames on standard hooks (they attach to the wire on the back of the frame of course)... However, I recently acquired some frames that don't have wires on their backs because they are transparent and the wire would look ugly. Instead, they have sawtooth hangars at the top. But how do I mount these special hangars to the wall? Is there a special kind of hook I can buy? Thanks all.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

Nail two nails into the wall (or use two small screws), one for each sawtooth hanger. Just make sure the two nails (or screws) are straight or your picture will hang sideways.

Don Black

Screenwriter
Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Clinton: Should I nail both pairs of nails/screws at a downward angle or straight in? It would seem a downward angle would offer the best support to the sawtooth hangers, right?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
You are correct Don. You will only need two nails (or screws) - one for each hanger. Nail them both at a slightly downward angle. This supports the weight better without fear of the hangers falling off the nails.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks