What's new

How do I get component video and HDMI simultaneously from my HTPC? (1 Viewer)

TahoeFred

Auditioning
Real Name
Fred Paul
I have been distributing my video components, including my HTPC, throughout the house with a Xantec HD88CC5 High Definition Video Matrix Switcher. I purchased a Samsung 3D telecision and need an HDMI connection from my HTPC in order to watch 3D. After doing some research, I settled on a PNY NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700 video card for my HTPC. I chose the card since it supports 3D and its marketing material states: "Two dual-link DVI outputs and HD component out, through the included PNY Technologies Professional Video Breakout Box, enable simultaneous connections to ultra-high resolution digital flat panels and HD or SD component, S-Video, or composite video displays, making the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700 PVE by PNY a must have for high performance DV and HDV video editing solutions." However, I can not get the "simultaneous" connections to work. When I connect just the component video output from the card to my Xantex Matrix switch, everything works great, i.e. perfect picture, sound, etc. When I then connect the DVI output connection (via my DVI +Toslink to HDMI adapter) to my 3D television's HDMI input, the 3D television works great, i.e. perfect picture, sound, 3D,etc.; however the component video distribution remains frozen on a squished image of my PC's background picture. Everything works but the "simultaneous" part. Does anyone know how to get this card to work simultaneously for component video and DVI outputs? If not, does anyone know of a different video card that will work? FYI: My HTPC runs Windows 7 Media Center + My Movies + Totalmedia Theatre 5.

TahoeFred

Auditioning
Real Name
Fred Paul
Problem resolved. I needed to use the NVIDIA control panel, which only was accessible from the DVD-I connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks