What's new

How did you stumble across the Hometheaterforum.com? (2 Viewers)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Memories.

I first got involved with CompuServe in 1979(!) when it was still called "MicroNet" using my trusty old TRS-80 at the time. The only real HT game in town at the time was CEFORUM (for "Consumer's Electronics Forum") and I was a moderator there (we were called Assistant Sysops back then) for the Home Electronics Area. The head honcho at the time was Dawn Gordon who I happened to run into last September at CEDIA 2006 after all these years.

I recognize a lot of people from the good old days of CE, pre-Delphi, pre-Prodigy, pre-NMR (or whatever it was called) and now HTF. I like to feel that we have been able to continue some semblance of order in our present venue - a combination of fraternity, knowledge and mutual respect that is sadly lacking from a lot of other sites. When we try to keep things on an even keel we tend to get complaints from transgressors - and we usually suggest that there are probably sites other than the HTF that are more suited to their temperaments and attitudes. (I need not mention specific sites or people here.)

In my opinion it's worked so far. Here's hoping for at least another quarter century of sensible cyber-surfing.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks