What's new

How Dangerous of a Driver Are You? (1 Viewer)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I found out how terrible we really were after visiting NYC a few years ago. The drivers in that town are so polite and accommodating to pedestrians, even a cab driver waited for me to cross the intersection on foot before making his turn!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Half of Montreal's intersections lack any traffic controls whatsoever. The first time I came to a four-way intersection with no lights, stop signs or even yields I didn't know what to do. Apparently, the most aggressive driver gets to go first. Because my Québécois French is très limité, it wasn't until I was leaving the island the first time that I deciphered a sign prohibiting right turns on red. Mind you, I'd been making rights on red the entire day, sometimes right in front of cop cars, without being pulled over. Just a crazy, crazy driving experience.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

That thought took me back over 4 decades to my time in Okinawa.
The taxi drivers there would routinely pass on blind mountain curves.
We young Marines though it was great preparation for our coming landing in Nam in the fall of 1966.
Most 18 year olds think they're immortal, the Corps counts on it.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
There's a TV show on Discovery Canada called Canada's Worst Driver, featuring the worst drivers you've ever seen in your life! The show is in its fourth season, and the drivers they've found (all nominated by spouses, family members and close friends) are the worst drivers they've ever had in the history of the show! One elderly woman, Donna, admitted to DRINKING AND DRIVING ON A REGULAR BASIS! She even races through stop signs because they give her "a little buzz!"

Canadians can watch every episode online by visiting DiscoveryChannel.ca - CWD4 Showsite .

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Going back 25 years, 71%. I gotta tell ya, I was a lot worse than "a little risk".

Going back 20 years, 85%.

I'm a conservative driver these days. (Although my turbo sometimes insists on cracking triple digits when I'm try to get in and out of the passing lane quickly.)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I scored a 78. I do a lot of city driving and I have gotten hit a lot by other people and it's always their fault (they have all admitted it readily). Some have been rear-endings, some have been lane changes where they don't look, once it was ice. 4 out of the 5 times I have been hit it has been a woman driver and a minor fender bender. But the worst hit I took was the 1 male driver.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Yea, When I see someone driving who looks like your avatar, I feel safe. :rolleyes

Mobro

Auditioning
Real Name
Maureen
You scored a 62% (B)! Your driving level is: a little risk

Since I got my Mini Cooper 5 years ago, I have a tendency to drive a little bit too fast . . . it can't help it!

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Interesting that it does not ask questions about driving habits which could create a dangerous environment for drivers around you, rather than yourself. For example;

1) Do you use your signal lights?
2) Do you forget to turn them off?
3) Do you ever drive substantially below the speed limit regardless of traffic flow?
4) Do you stop your car in the middle of the road or otherwise hinder traffic when you are uncertain of your directions/location?
5) Are you capable of making a right hand turn on a red light without your life coach present?
6) Are you capable of making a left hand turn on a green without same said coach?
7) Do you sit at a 4 way stop and watch the other drivers stop their cars before you decide maybe you can go?
8) Have you ever wondered what the double yellow 'lane' in the middle of a road is for?
9) When driving in cities do you know the difference between timed lights and sensor lights and how to adjust your driving for each?
10) In multi-lane traffic - do you enjoy driving right even with the car next to you so the drivers behind can enjoy the symmetry of your taillights?

... I could go on...

10)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Here's mine:

You scored a 85% (A)! Your driving level is: very safe

It probably would have been worse before our little boy was born. Now I drive extra carefully when he's in the car.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Funny how having those little ones change things. My son has just gotten his learners permit. Now I am very careful of everything I do. I want to set a good example.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks