What's new

How compatable are web design programs? (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am using Viapage to design and maintain my website but recently, I had to format the hard drive. So I go to install Viapage and I cannot find the cd key (code#) to do the installation.

I am not too keen on frontpage because of the extra code inserted into the html so if I use some other cheap or free program, will I experience problems since my code was generated using viapage? IE, how campatable are the programs with each other?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Belay that. I just got an e-mail from Viapage and they gave me a cdkey to use.

However, the question still stands though regarding the compatability.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
They should be completely compatible, especially if the program writes pretty clean code.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I am not too keen on frontpage because of the extra code inserted into the html
Usually the 'extra' code is just what it is "Extra Code" which has no bearning on the way the page is viewed or edited. I believe (and I'm not 100% positive) that most of this extra code is a way to put "credits" into the page when you design them, but they aren't needed to view the page.

I believe they are called "Comments" (similar to REMarks in old C programming). They are all ignored by the browsers (and other editors). Macromedia Dreamweaver even has scripts that go through and remove all of these unecessary tags so that you're pages are more streamline.

But I could be wrong on a few things, what are the exact codes you are referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks