What's new

How come it seems... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
that I feel thinner, and that I'm loosing weight, but the scale says I'm either the same, or are fluctuating between 220 and 230.

Is it possible just not to loose anymore weight than what I've done already? If you beleive the scale, I've gone from 245 down to 225, and have basically stayed there for the last year or so.

I've heard of stomach stapling, but have a weak stomach for surgery, so I think that's out.

What I'm going to do, is go down the shore for two weeks starting Friday, since I usually tend to eat less down there for some odd reason, and ride my bike for 8 miles a day and see if that helps any.

Anyone else in the same situation I am?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You've hit that plateau of weight loss where your body is pretty much in equilibrium. You do need to "shock the system" to lose more weight. Change up your exercise routine, eat different (healthy) foods, get more sleep.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Neil:

We need more info. Do you still have a decent amount of body fat? If not, and if you're working out, you're going to gain weight from muscle growth.

You say you're 225, but how tall are you? What kind of workout schedule are you on? What kind of food schedule are you on? Do you eat meat? Do you eat a lot of complex carbs (bread, pasta, rice)? Do you eat/drink a lot of sugars?

You can reach a wall if your workout schedule and eating habits don't change.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>We need more info. Do you still have a decent amount of body fat? If not, and if you're working out, you're going to gain weight from muscle growth.
>>
First off, Body Fat. I've noticed I've lost alot in the back(Buttochs area), Face(Chin/Cheeks area), and a bit in the stomach, where 1X Large shirts fit comfortably again, where I used to prefer 2X. But most of my fat, I'd have to say, is in the leg area, wich is one of the main reasons why I've decided to take the bike route. As far as height goes, It's been a while since I've measured myself, but if I remember correctly, I'm around 5' 6". Too bad I didn't have many growth spurts :).
>>You say you're 225, but how tall are you? What kind of workout schedule are you on? What kind of food schedule are you on? Do you eat meat? Do you eat a lot of complex carbs (bread, pasta, rice)? Do you eat/drink a lot of sugars? >>
Second, Information: Nope, I don't eat too much meat. The only meat I eat now is when I treat myself to my weekly McDonalds or BurgerKing Meal. Other than that, I've stopped eating it completly. The Carbs are done more, though. Every now and then, I'll have Raviolli for dinner, or some type of Pasta, a few peices of Rye bread for snacks during the day. Whenever I get McDonalds for lunch, I'll eat nothing else during the day, and have a Chinese takeout White Rice Meal.
As far as sugars go, I'll have the occasinal coke, but I'm trying to concentrate mostly on ice cold water as much as is humanly possible.
As far as workout schedule goes, as stated, I tend to go down to the flatlands of the Jersey Shore as much as possible during the summer, and do a 4 mile, sometimess 8 milee if I do it twice a day, bike ride after I eat a meal such as McDonalds to help work it off..

JoshF

Supporting Actor
As far as workout schedule goes, as stated, I tend to go down to the flatlands of the Jersey Shore as much as possible during the summer, and do a 4 mile, sometimess 8 milee if I do it twice a day, bike ride after I eat a meal such as McDonalds to help work it off..
It's not a bank - you can't withdraw and deposit fat as you please. If you really want to continue to lose that weight, get on a schedule - a regular schedule. Walk every night. Or every morning - you don't have to run or bike 10 miles a day (yet).

But just getting your body going on a regular basis will do several things: it'll boost your metabolism so you start burning fat all day long whether you're biking or not. It'll make you feel better and sleep better so you'll be less dependent on Coke or coffee getting you through the day. It'll make you start to loathe Big Macs. You'll realize they're pretty gross and that other, more healthy things just taste better.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Lots of good information here! :) If you're serious about your health and weight come join us over in the HTF Weight Loss Support Group. The thread's been going for a couple months now, but it's never too late to join in.
I started that thread when I started my new eating habits 2 months ago. My diet is similar to the Atkin's diet, but I'm allowing myself to eat much more vegetables, and not quite as much meat and butter as is suggested. Take a look at some of my menus in that thread and you'll see what I mean. I've been averaging a loss of 2-3 pounds per week and my clothes are getting extremely big. XXL t-shirts are beginning to be uncomfortably baggy and once tight XLs feel better. I started at 240 and now I'm 221 (I'm 5'10").
I really recommend avoiding the "low-fat" foods because foods that aren't naturally low-fat have a lot of added sugar to help the taste. I've really been watching that closely the past few weeks and I've found that low-fat yogurts (you know...suppose to be "good for you") are extremely sugary. So when you're looking at the dietary information, pay close attention to that Total Carbs and Sugars row.
Also...take your supplimental vitamins and drink lots of water.
Good luck!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Snack on fruits or even sweet candies instead of bread.>>

Actually, I've been trying this as well. I've been usually eating the little round peppermint 'star' candy's, I guess that's what you call them, or Starburst.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>Try to get in the mindset that a Big Mac isn't actually a treat; it's a bad thing.>>

Forgot to reply to this one. Just wanted to clear up that I always order a large Number two, but with hamburgers, heh.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I'm having a similar problem as well. I've been working out for five weeks (cardio five days a week, weight lifting every other day), I've changed my diet permanently (fast food only once or twice a week; other times I eat healthy food like fruit, veggies, and Lean Cuisine microwave dinners), and I haven't lost a thing.
The scale keeps fluctuating from between 240-255 (one day I'll be 242 and two days later I'll be 255.5 without a change in diet). I've noticed that many of my clothes fit a lot better than they have and I've lost three notches off my belt. Also, I have a lot more energy to get me through the day (and I don't feel tired after 8 hours of work like I used to). But, other than that nothing. I still have gobs of fat on my waist that I want to get rid of desperately.
Help!! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks