What's new

How cheap are you? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
the cheapest man spends the most.
SO true! I had a friend that I tried to explain this theory to. A good case in point was the fact that he tried to save a few bucks when he replaced his water heater. Instead of buying a new one, he bought a crappy used one (and saved himself hundreds of dollars), but when the thing broke and he had to have it repaired, the repairs (along with the cost of the heater) cost him more than if he bought it new. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you don't value your molars (back teeth), sure, don't floss. The money you save on floss, and the time you spend flossing most definitely won't cover the cost of crowns or the pain of tooth ache. Take it from one who knows.

James L White

Supporting Actor
I piss in the shower- saves water by not having to flush ;)

j/k

Seriously I only turn on the heat/AC when it gets extremly cold/hot

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I've always pissed in the shower. Hell I'm about to bathe anyway, and I don't piss on my feet. Just aim at the drain.

I wouldn't piss in a public shower, I never take public showers, but remember that episode of Seinfeld, I wouldn't do that.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I was extremely cheap back in college. On days when I didn't feel like spending money for lunch, the free crackers and ketchup were a tasty treat, and the water was always free. On cold days, the ketchup mixed with the hot water (for hot tea) made a nice soup. Around the same time, I got a free membership to Sam's Club so that I could stop there for lunch from time to time (free samples).

Whenever we'd go out drinking, my friends and I would only buy beer that had "Milwaukee" in its name.

The restaurant I worked at served a Lituanian potato dish called kugelis. They'd throw away the crusty part at the end of the night. When they started charging us for meals, I switched to only eating the crusty part of the kugelis since they were free.

I had a friend who was extremely cheap back in college, but didn't like to look as though he were cheap. He liked to look like he was a big tipper, so he'd go to the restroom before we'd leave and pocket other tips on his way there and back. He'd then leave an impressive looking tip, none of which actually came out of his own pocket. This lasted until the rest of us realized what he was doing, and put an end to it immediately.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
He liked to look like he was a big tipper, so he'd go to the restroom before we'd leave and pocket other tips on his way there and back.
Ummmmmmm...That's not cheap, that's just WRONG!!!!

As I said about the buffet issue...cheap is one thing, but dishonesty and stealing are a completely different thing.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I've got one. If I'm in Dillards/McRae's/whatever and I see a shirt that I like for $60 and another for $15 that I like almost as much, I'll buy the $15 assuming that it's my size. Same goes for shoes.

I'll buy unimportant stuff like underwear and socks at Wal-Mart too.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I sometimes don't flush after I pee, why waste that gallon of water.
I've tried that during heavy rains to avoid filling my septic tank up. Problem is if I do this on Monday - Wednesday the toilet has some kind of funk that builds up long before I can clean it the folling weekend.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I often will save the plastic ware that is given by places like Grandy's, Captain-D's etc and use it for when I take lunch to work.

I also often take lunch to work from the previous nights leftovers. Not only does it taste a hell of a lot better than your typical fast food, it's also cheaper.

I am cheap.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Scott, I don't think that's being cheap, I think it's not being wasteful. If the plasticware can be reused, why not? And why waste food just because you ate it for dinner?

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Say what you will....but it IS robbery (IMO).
Buffets are for EAT-IN purposes...not for loading up your purses/satchels with free food! That's ridiculous.
Uhhh I don't think she's serious about the buffet stuff. That would be a royal pain in the ass to do and couldn't possibly be worth it.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Scott, I don't think that's being cheap, I think it's not being wasteful. If the plasticware can be reused, why not? And why waste food just because you ate it for dinner?
It often times can taste even better the second time around. Roast for instance is better because it soaks in it's own juice in the fridge. Spaghetti(sp) is the same way.

Devin U

Second Unit
I know for a long time here where I live. alot of people got solar water heaters on their houses. And I know some people who generate about 1/2 their energy from solar panels. Living in AZ has advantages. I once read that Clint Eastwood has solar roofs on several buildings he owns, and sells the excess electricity he generates back to the power companies. My next big cheapy thing will be to get a electric car. Tax advantages will nearly pay for the thing, and around here, you can charge them up for free at the mall.

Howie A

Second Unit
How about reusing your tin foil for a week strait, as if packing you lunch was not cheesy enough.. :b

Howie A

Second Unit
Pouring Britta water into a old Poland spring bottle.

[EDIT] AS A KID [/EDIT]
Thats almost like eating a big fat dripping momma's burger.
When all your buddy's are enjoying their big Mac's and whoppers.. It just is not the same. The (pink) white bread.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Well everything my wife has ever cooked(or her parents cooked) has always tasted 110% than anything I've ever had at any restaraunt. When you factor in fast food then it's even more obvious. We have a cafeteria where I work and I eat breakfast there just about every morning; it does taste good. But I've never seen anything at most places that's really tasty enough to justify spending $3-12/day. That's at least one DVD ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks