What's new

How can the Laser Light go around corners? (1 Viewer)

StephenHa

Second Unit
with mine I don't have to aim directly at the corner just close, then I adjust for distance invaluable with picky customers who want all the outlets in their home the same height (also shows when the electrician made an error)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Mark, I've got a 360-degree laser level much like that one, and it's a good unit. I like to plug it into a 240V outlet and use it to mow my lawn.

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Dave...Sorry for making a general optics statement. I laughed when I saw "the latest refractive lens technology", because for the general public, they probably do not know the difference in refractive vs diffractive lens (and most probably do not care, unlike us optic geeks). I guess the manufacturer was just trying to add fancy adjectives to make their product sound better.

I understand that lenses can be glass, plastic, polymer, spherical, aspherical, cylindrical, GRIN, etc. The manufacturer's statements make no mention of material or shape or anything, it is like they are touting "refractive" as a new inovation and refraction(the discovery) has been around for 400 years.

If a manufacturer stated that they used a diffractive lens technology, I do not believe that the public would buy any more than would with refractive lens technology. The people buying this product probably believe that light will bend around an outside corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks