What's new

How can Jerry Lewis dvds sell.... (1 Viewer)

John KB

Second Unit
when you can't find them anywhere? Lucky for me, I was able to get all 10 prior to release date. But that doesn't mean I didn't go searching for them to see if they could be had by people that don't work in the video business.

Wal-Mart only had The Ladies Man
Best Buy had none
Future Shop had none
HMV had The Nutty Professor

That's all I could find. Here in Canada, it was Thanksgiving on Monday, so I'm hoping that had something to do with it.

How can we expect to see the Martin & Lewis Box Set if these don't sell?
I'm just a tad worried.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
The Best Buy stores that I stopped at in Northern New Jersey were well stocked (in excess of a dozen copies each) on all 10 titles, so maybe it's a local shipping snafu in your area.

Rick CHO

Grip
Plenty of copies at my local Tower records. They probably could make an nice end display to make them easier to find.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I bought Bell Boy, Cinderfella, and Nutty Professor at Best Buy here in South Jersey. I saw other JL titles but you have to look for them. One thing I hate about this Best Buy, they don't keep musicals and classic movies separate from the newer ones.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
John, you got all ten BEFORE their release date and you're complaining? Maybe the rest were still in the back, waiting to get put out.

You do bring up a good point, though. What is the saturation point for stores stocking DVD's. Are they going to tell the baby section next to the DVD's that you're going, because OUR DEPARTMENT needs more room? Will BB and such end up selling only DVD's, and you'll order anything bigger using a touch screen (where they get it out from their warehouse).

Glenn

John KB

Second Unit
I'm not complaining at all. I just wanted to be able to see these dvds everywhere, hoping others will buy them. It was a concern, not a complaint. I want them to do well so we'll see more in the future.
I was out and about again this evening. Still none to be had. I asked Best Buy and they only had one of only a select few titles even on order.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
My Best Buy had multiple copies of all but The Ladies Man, of which they had zero, for some reason. Not a bad price on them either. ($9.99)

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
I saw The Nutty Professor Dvd at Wal-mart today for $9.62, not a bad price but that's the only Jerry Lewis title they had.

Arnold Y

Grip
The Suncoast that I work at had a good amount of copies for each title (Bellboy, Cinderfella, Errand Boy, Ladies Man, & Nutty Professor) on release day. They haven't exactly been flying off the shelves here. :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks