What's new

How can I get the sound from Sony DAV DZ840 system while watching general cable channels in the TV s (1 Viewer)

Nafisa

Auditioning
Real Name
Nafisa
I have a sony EX720 connect with sony DAV DZ840 home theater system using HDMI cable. Now when I play movie from portable drive connected in the USB of DZ840 system, the sound system works fine. Now when I watch normal cable channel in the EX720 tv and set the DZ840 function to TV there is no sound coming from the home theater system. But If I turnoff the home theater then sounds coming from the TV. How can I get the sound from DZ840 system while watching general cable channels in the TV ?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
You need to connect from the audio output (digital or analog) jacks on the tv to the corresponding input jacks on HT system. You'll then have to select that input on the HT and will probably have to disable the tv speakers via it's audio menu. Reading the manual for the HT system would be a good idea.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your HTiB(according to the one website I found with any decent info...) has analog and optical inputs.
If you have a cable box, connect that directly to the HTiB(which will be in your Box' manual and in your HTiB manual)...
If there is no box, connect the TV...

Nafisa

Auditioning
Real Name
Nafisa
The TV and the HT already connected with HDMI cable. So I'm not clear what else I need to connect here and also how can I disable the TV speaker system. Please let me know some more details. I'm new in this process. Thanks in advance

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The HDMI connection is allowing audio and video from the HT to the TV (direction is important). You need to get the audio from the TV to the HT. (If the TV and the HT supports "ARC" you don't need anything additional, but while the TV supports ARC, the HT doesn't appear to.)
We're not getting good manuals over in the US (or at least I'm not), but Sam found that you can connect an optical cable, and the TV has an optical out. So get an optical cable and connect it to the TVs 'Digital Audio Out (Optical)' port and then to the HT.
The TV manual didn't say how to turn off the speakers. There may be a set-up feature that does this, but if not you should be able to turn the TV down manually and just use the HT (the volume over the optical connection is not affected by the TV's volume control).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks